INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Rains Bring Very Temporary Relief to Australia’s Fires
NASA satellite data continues to provide a look at the smoke and aerosols generated by the massive fires in Australia.
- Lower Launch Costs, New Partnerships Spur Spaceport Development Around the World
Now, thanks to continuing innovation and rapidly declining launch costs, more countries than ever are developing spaceports, and increasingly, partnering with state governments and private companies to do so.
- New Biomass Map to Take Stock of World’s Carbon
Tracking biomass change is becoming increasingly important as decision-makers work towars the Global Stocktake—an aspect of the global Paris climate deal—that will periodically check international progress toward meeting emissions-reduction commitments to limit global warming.
- GA-ASI Assists California Air National Guard with Fire Season
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) is supporting the California Air National Guard (CA ANG) as they provide real-time reconnaissance for California’s Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) firefighting operations in Southern California.
- NextNav Raises $120 Million in Latest Round of Funding to Launch Phased 3D Geolocation Services Across U.S.
- Real-time Project Mapping Now Made Possible By Pune’s Power Couple
- Esri Announces StoryMapper of the Year Contest Winners
- Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute (SSSI) National Bushfire Recovery Map-a-thon