INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- New Biomass Map to Take Stock of World’s Carbon
Tracking biomass change is becoming increasingly important as decision-makers work towars the Global Stocktake—an aspect of the global Paris climate deal—that will periodically check international progress toward meeting emissions-reduction commitments to limit global warming.
- GA-ASI Assists California Air National Guard with Fire Season
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) is supporting the California Air National Guard (CA ANG) as they provide real-time reconnaissance for California’s Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) firefighting operations in Southern California.
- USF Geoscientists Develop Technology to Improve Forecasting of Earthquakes, Tsunamis
University of South Florida (USF) geoscientists have successfully developed and tested a new high-tech shallow water buoy that can detect the small movements and changes in the Earth’s seafloor that are often a precursor to deadly natural hazards, like earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis.
- Pioneering MicroCarb Mission Features Sophisticated Detector
MicroCarb, the first European CO2 monitoring mission, added Lynred’s large-format SWIR detector, NGP, to its spectrometer instrument built by Airbus Defence & Space.
- Draper Unveils LiDAR with MEMS Beamsteering Technology for Autonomous Vehicles
- Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements for Its Spatial Data Platform
- SPIDA® Software Reveals SPIDAcalc v7.2 – Arrow – Featuring SPIDAstudio Integration Enhancements for the Strategic Management of Asset Lifecycle Data
- The UAS community created ‘a new transport ecosystem’ at Amsterdam Drone Week