INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Going for Atmospheric GOLD
GOLD is designed to track big events in the lower atmosphere, such as hurricanes or tsunamis, that create waves that can travel all the way up to this interface to space, changing wind patterns and causing disruptions.
- Satellite Capacity Pricing Continues Decline as Industry Struggles with Oversupply
NSR’s Satellite Capacity Pricing Index, 4thEdition (Q1 2018) finds capacity prices falling for a third straight year as operators seek out innovative strategies to arrest the decline.
- GOES-S Launch Marks Flight of 100th Aerojet Rocketdyne Solid Rocket Booster
On March 1, 2018, a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket carried the 100th Aerojet Rocketdyne AJ-60A solid rocket booster (SRB), placing the Lockheed Martin-built Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite-S (GOES-S) into orbit.
- NASA Looks at Midwest Rain and Melting Snow that Contributed to Flooding
Much of the U.S. Midwest received above normal precipitation this winter, and a NASA rainfall analysis provided a look at the precipitation that contributed to current flooding.
- Drone Alliance Europe Introduces New Executive Director alongside Panel Discussion on the Future of European Drone Integration
- Swift Navigation Introduces Skylark, a Cloud-Based, High-Precision GNSS Service
- Global Mapper and LiDAR Module SDK v19.1 Now Available with New 3D Mesh Generation Capabilities
- Quantum Spatial Awarded $1.5 Million Illinois Tollway Contract for Aerial Mapping Services