INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Flooding Along the Nueces River
On Nov. 1, 2018, the Operational Land Imager (OLI) on Landsat 8 captured a false-color view of flooding along the Nueces River in a series of storms that have delivered historic amounts of rain to central Texas.
- Remote Sensing Performs Damage Assessment following Hurricane Michael
SimActive Inc. partnered with Midwest Aerial to perform damage assessment of Hurricane Michael.
- Two Earth-Observation Satellites Delivered to Vandenberg Launch Base
SSL, a Maxar Technologies company, shipped two Earth-observation satellites to Vandenberg Air Force Base where they will be launched on Spaceflight’s first sun-synchronous dedicated rideshare mission on Nov. 19, 2018, aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 launch vehicle.
- NASA Eyes Powerful Hurricane Willa Affecting Western Mexico
NASA’s Aqua and Suomi satellites provided views of Hurricane Willa as it continued moving toward landfall in western Mexico.
- Orbit GT upgrades 3D Mapping Cloud to support Meshes, DEMs
- Seequent acquires Geosoft: Merger of Leapfrog and Geosoft brands creates subsurface geoscience and modelling powerhouse
- U.S. Army Geospatial Center (AGC) Awards Strategic ACI $4.9M Contract
- Extensis Unveils New Image Compression Solution and New Product Releases to Help Organizations Get More from Their Digital Assets, Fonts and Large Imagery