INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Ozone Hole Set to Close
Forecasts from the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS), which uses total ozone measurements from the Copernicus Sentinel-5P mission processed at the German Aerospace Center, have forecasted that this year’s ozone hole will close sooner than usual.
- Commercial Space Revenue Climbs to All-Time High of $328.86 Billion
Revenues from global commercial space activity in 2018 climbed to their highest level ever and now make up nearly 80 percent of the total global space industry.
- Caltech, NASA Find Web of Ruptures in Ridgecrest Quake
A new study of Southern California’s largest earthquake sequence in two decades provides new evidence that large earthquakes can occur in a more-complex fashion than commonly assumed.
- NASA Map Reveals a New Landslide Risk Factor
In the deadly 2018 earthquake in the Indonesian city of Palu, intense shaking changed solid ground into a landslide of flowing mud, multiplying the death toll and economic impact.
- Commercial UAV Expo Americas 2019 Completes 5th Annual Event, Exceeds All Prior Records
- Caliper Assesses How Census Differential Privacy Will Effect 2020 Redistricting with New Interactive Map
- Airbus checking ocean satellite Sentinel-6A’s operational fitness
- Ouster Introduces Low-Cost, High-Resolution 32-Channel Lidar Sensor