INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- DOT and FAA Finalize Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration has finalized the first operational rules for routine commercial use of small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS or “drones”), opening pathways towards fully integrating UAS into the nation’s airspace.
- Sentinel Shows Sinking Land
Focusing on The Netherlands and Denmark, scientists have been using radar images from the European Space Agency Sentinel-1A satellite to determine where ground is stable or how much it may be rising or sinking.
- Airbus Announces New Options for Streamlined Imagery Access
On June 13, 2016, Airbus Defence and Space formally introduced its One Atlas, One Tasking initiatives to help make satellite data access and procurement easier and more efficient for users.
- GOSAT Records Highest Carbon Dioxide Concentrations
A recent analysis of data from the Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite “IBUKI” (GOSAT) shows that the global atmospheric monthly mean CO2 concentration observed vertically through the whole atmosphere exceeded 400 ppm in December 2015 for the first time since GOSAT was launched in 2009.
- Learn GIS with Esri’s Handy, New Companion Guide to The ArcGIS Book
- Arithmetica’s SphereVision Captures 360 Degree Sub-Sea Selfies on YouTube Beach
- Airbus Defense and Space Partners with AMREL for Easy Access to Geospatial Data for GEOINT Operations
- microdrones Celebrates Part 107 with High-Value Offer