INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Satellite-Derived Bathymetry Data Aids Hydrocarbon Exploration
TCarta delivered satellite-derived bathymetry (SDB) to Total SA, one of the world’s largest oil and gas producers, which will use the water-depth data for preparing seismic survey works off the coast of Myanmar.
- A Near-Real-Time Tool to Characterize Global Landslide Hazards
The Landslide Hazard Assessment for Situational Awareness (LHASA) model melds information regarding slope, lithology, deforested areas, and proximity to fault zones and roads to derive a map of landslide susceptibility.
- High-Level Humanitarian Support
Satellite photos and advanced software provide population estimates for refugee camps. The data helps aid organizations use resources efficiently.
- Operation IceBridge Continues
NASA’s Operation IceBridge successfully collected data over several glaciers, research sites and some parallel coastal grid lines on April 26, 2018, as part of its spring 2018 campaign.
- Acceleration of L2 to L3 Autonomous Driving by OEMs Fuels Demand for LeddarTech Automotive-Grade LiDARs
- FLIR Launches Radar and Thermal Products for Border Patrol and the Dismounted Warfighter
- Hexagon’s Positioning Intelligence Attains Major Milestone in the Drive to Safe Autonomy
- NCTech Unveils iSTAR Pulsar