INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Satellite Imagery Aids Rescue Efforts for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria
Remotely sensed imagery was provided—at no cost and almost daily—through the USGS Hazard Data Distribution System (HDDS) for analysis on the extent, severity and evolution of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
- USGS Releases Landsat Analysis Ready Data
Improvements to the quality and usability of Landsat satellite data have been made with the release of a new USGS product called Landsat Analysis Ready Data (ARD), which will help reduce the time needed to process and analyze data and imagery, a significant advantage to scientists studying landscape changes, including changes from wildfires, hurricanes, vegetation cover, drought and other events.
- Get Ready for GIS Day!
What better way to celebrate GIS Day than to host or attend an open house or a workshop that demonstrates the power of mapping.
- Drone Mapping Creates Digital Record of Endangered Archaeological Sites
Drone mapping provides a fast, accurate and noninvasive way to document archeological sites, creating a historical record of a country’s cultural heritage and giving archaeologists a rich set of data and models to be used for further research.
- Photon Counting Camera LINCam Now Available from PicoQuant
- UgCS Centralized Drone Management Solution Enables Effective UAV Integration into Emergency and Security Service Command Centers
- GeoCue adds Puerto Rico LIDAR data to GetLIDAR.com to Support Hurricane Recovery
- HP Introduces Faster PageWide XL Printers for Enhanced Technical Production