INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- $24 Billion Opportunity for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
A new report from global market research and consulting firm NSR, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Satcom and Imaging Markets, 4th Edition, projects a cumulative revenue opportunity of $19.7 billion for UAS satellite communications and $4.3 billion for commercial UAS imaging services during the 2016-2026 period owed to an accelerating government and military UAS market, with increased adoption rates for unmanned systems around the world.
- Drone Industry Outlook and Predictions for 2018
According to BI Intelligence, sales of drones will surpass $12 billion in 2021, and most of this will occur across the three main segments of the drone industry.
- Drones Help Preserve 15th-Century German Cathedral
The 15th-century Halberstadt Cathedral in Saxony - Anhalt, Germany, is getting help from 21st-century technology.
- NASA Science Team Surveys California Fires with High-Altitude ER-2
A team of NASA scientists is using a high-altitude aircraft and a sophisticated imaging spectrometer to study environmental impacts caused by the devastating Southern California wildfires.
- The Sky Is No Limit for Vaisala: Vaisala’s Pressure and Humidity Sensors Are Soon Again on Their Way to Space
- Google Maps Visionary Joins Clearpath Advisory Board
- EarthSense Air Pollution Sensors Evidence Clean Air Initiatives as Part of BBC Showcase
- USGIF and RGi Partner to Offer $10,000 Needs-based Scholarship