INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- NASA Acting Administrator Statement on Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Proposal
The following are excerpts from a statement from acting NASA Administrator Robert Lightfoot on the Fiscal Year 2019 agency budget proposal.
- ESA Launches First Satellites of 2018
The European Space Agency (ESA) launched its first mission of the year on Feb. 2, 2018: GomX-4B satellites that feature a hyperspectral camera and tiny thrusters enabling them to maneuver thousands of kilometers.
- France’s Flooding Rains Examined by NASA
Eastern France has experienced unusually heavy rainfall in early 2018, and NASA satellite data has helped determine where the largest rainfall occurred.
- Satellites Paint Picture of Maritime Activity
The European Space Agency (ESA) has helped coastal authorities track up to 70 percent more ships and pick up nearly three times more ship positions via satellite than previously possible.
- Pitney Bowes Simplifies and Accelerates Data Accessibility with New Software and Data Marketplace
- Global Mapper v19.1 Now Available with 3D Profile Line Exporting, Multivariate Querying, and Expanded Drag-and-Drop Window Docking
- Germany’s Highest Share of Single-Person Households in Regensburg
- Maritime Industry Readies for a New Era of Choice with Iridium Certus(SM) Global Launch Partners