SAN DIEGO - XYO Network, the technology bringing blockchain to the real world, today announced its first annual Spatial Summit event was a major success. The oversubscribed event brought together more than 700 blockchain, business and technology partners, and community members from around the world, including locations as far away as Ghana, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. The event was held November 9-11 at the InterContinental San Diego, and brought together world-class speakers, sessions, demos and a first-of-its-kind interactive location-based game, which had participants visiting top destinations in San Diego. Master of Ceremonies for the event was multi-talented actor, comedian, singer and musician Ed Helms, widely known for his work on “The Daily Show,” “The Office” and “The Hangover” films.
Spatial Summit speakers and participants included:
- Ed Helms - multifaceted entertainer and event Emcee
- Vinny “Bitcoin Oracle” Lingham - co-founder, CEO of Civic.com; Shark, Shark Tank South Africa
- World-class panel of industry experts discussing important topics such as “Decentralizing Knowledge, Transportation, Smart Cities and Exploration”; panelists included Paul Hynek (futurist, entrepreneur), Markus Levin (XYO co-founder), Larry Sanger (Wikipedia co-founder), Chris Burruss (president, BiTA), Chris Ballinger (MOBI), JR Hildebrand (Indy Car racer and adjunct professor, Stanford University), and Marcus East (CTO, National Geographic)
- Dennis Rodman - NBA legend
- Drumma Boy Fresh - Grammy-winning Hip-Hop artist with a passion for XYO
- XYO Network co-founders, the event hosts
- Many more speakers from the Blockchain, business and technology community
Throughout the two-day conference, attendees learned the latest company news and about significant partnerships that will bring location verification technology from XYO Network to many industries, and also directly to consumers.
Announcements made at Spatial Summit included:
- Official launch of XYO Network MainNet, a.k.a. “WinterNet”
- Live drone demo validating the fully functioning XYO Network, including bound witnesses and smart contract execution
- XYO Network Intelligent Exchange Strategy introduced; To date, ten (10) term sheets have been signed; listing on each exchange has been approved and will be announced at timing of XYO’s choosing
- Partnership announcements with ESRI, A-to-B Engineering and the FedEx Institute of Technology
- Operation “Big Boy” - XYO Network introduced the company’s satellite plans; additional details will be shared shortly
“Spatial Summit was a hands-down success, and a strong show of traction and progress as we build out our technology and ecosystem, across industries,” commented Arie Trouw, co-founder and CEO, XYO Network. “Based on our deep technology heritage and skillset, we’ve created both a rock-solid company and a powerful community of partners and supporters globally. This has been our chance to give back to the community and supporters, showing them what we’ve developed and sharing insights on where we’re headed. We brought together the top minds and organizations in blockchain, business and technology, and have begun building out applications at an amazing pace. The event was impactful and helped raise the bar for the entire industry.”
About XYO Network
XYO Network is an effort to create a vast, geospatial, blockchain-powered location network currently under development with the goal to provide accurate, certainty-driven location data on everything from cars to smartphones. By combining location beacons with IoT and mobile devices, the XYO Network ecosystem plans to deliver the verified coordinates and data needed to execute smart contracts, run smart cities, foster financial transactions, and power a legion of location-centric applications. For more information, please visit https://xyo.network.