Heerbrugg, Switzerland, Nov. 11, 2013”Leica Geosystems announces a major set of updates for its point cloud software applications within its flagship Leica Cyclone and Leica CloudWorx families. These updates save a significant time in the office per day and make it more convenient to work with rich, as-built point cloud data. This is the company's largest set of point cloud software releases to date.
What we're seeing in the market is that our customers are using laser scanning in an increasing variety of scenarios and under more demanding circumstances, so they need more options for working with point cloud data and they need to do their work even faster, states Chris Thewalt, VP of Scanning Software. Overall, we continue to see strong growth of 3D laser scanning/High-Definition Surveying (HDS) with a corresponding expansion and diversification of our user community's needs. In response, we've been investing heavily in a number of our standalone Cyclone and our plug-in CloudWorx point cloud software applications. This large set of releases reflects that ongoing investment.
The set of updates includes the following:
- Leica Cyclone and Leica CloudWorx families
- More flexible licensing lets users easily move licenses between the field and office and on-or-off a network.
- Users on customer support can implement license upgrades on their own at any time
- Rentals are now available for as short as one week for most products; discounts are available for extended rental periods
- Leica CloudWorx for AutoCAD 5.0
- Plug-in for AutoCAD saves hours in the office for working with 3D point clouds in AutoCAD for both experienced users and users new to working in 3D
- Easier X,Y,Z coordinate system setup and faster navigation to desired views; faster creation of 2D drawings; faster ground surface and TIN creation; and, faster selection of high, low and ground points
- Leica CloudWorx for 3ds Max 2.0
- New Leica CloudWorx plug-in family member (replaces Leica CloudWorx-VR)
- Eliminates prior need to export from Cyclone and import to Leica CloudWorx-VR; users now enjoy direct data access to Cyclone files
- Adds rich set of standard CloudWorx plug-in tools for working more efficiently with point clouds in 3ds Max
- Leica CloudWorx for PDMS 1.3
- Plug-in for PDMS adds valuable option of importing plant models from PDMS directly into Leica Cyclone and exporting models created from point clouds in Cyclone directly into PDMS
- Avoids prior need to import/export models into/from PDMS and Cyclone via AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Supports direct import of PDMS models into popular Leica TruView software
Separate press releases are available for each of the above items.
All of the above products are immediately available.
Leica Geosystems “ when it has to be right
With close to 200 years of experience pioneering solutions to measure the world, Leica Geosystems products and services are trusted by professionals worldwide to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is best known for its broad array of products that capture accurately, model quickly, analyze easily, and visualize and present spatial information.
Those who use Leica Geosystems products every day trust them for their dependability, the value they deliver, and the superior customer support. Based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland, Leica Geosystems is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 3,800 employees in 33 countries and hundreds of partners located in more than 120 countries around the world. Leica Geosystems is part of the Hexagon Group, Sweden.