Redlands, Calif., Sept. 12, 2013”ArcGIS Online for Organizations offers new analysis tools to help you investigate geographic relationships, patterns, and trends in your data. The new tools will allow you to find hot spots to detect patterns in the data; overlay layers to combine two or more layers into one; and enrich layers to retrieve information about the people, places, and businesses in a specific area or drive time.
To familiarize you with these and the other tools, Esri will host the live training seminar Gain Geographic Insight with ArcGIS Online Analysis Tools on September 19, 2013.
After viewing this seminar, you will understand how to do the following:
- Build a foundation for your analysis, including obtaining the data resources and creating a web map
- Choose the correct tools and workflows to solve spatial problems
- Uncover hidden patterns in geographic data, assess trends, and make more informed decisions
- Create new layers to add to web maps
If you currently use or are considering adopting ArcGIS Online for Organizations, this seminar will demonstrate the new spatial tools available for doing basic analysis. Both GIS and non-GIS professionals can use them.
There are no prerequisites. However, listening to the following seminars will be helpful:
- Creating Hosted Map Services with ArcGIS Online
- Making and Sharing Maps with ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Online Subscriptions: Mapping and GIS for Organizations
You will need a broadband Internet connection and an Esri Global Account to watch the live training seminar. Creating an Esri Global Account is easy and free: visit esri.com/lts, click Login, and register your name and address.