Huntsville, Ala., Sept. 5, 2013”GeoCue (via its wholly owned subsidiary, QCoherent Software LLC) is pleased to announce the latest experimental release (EXP Release) of LP360.Â LP360 is the world's most powerful and popular LIDAR extension for the ArcGISÂ® environment.Â The current EXP release (version 2013.2.24.0) includes numerous new features aimed at different LIDAR exploitation workflows.Â These new features are available in all three versions of LP360; LP360 for ArcGISÂ®; LP360 for WindowsÂ®, 32 bit; and LP360 for WindowsÂ®, 64 bit.
For all workflows:
- Full support for LAS version 1.4
- New LAS file load dialog, providing tabular views of LAS file header information and basic integrity testing.Â Table can be copied and pasted to Excel.Â Supports Drag and Drop file addition from Windows Explorer.
- Filter by Scan Angle (for both old style 1 byte and new LAS 1.4 2 byte scan angle)
- Insert into Map option added for products generated by the Export Wizard
- LP360 has been internationalized
- Japanese language version (alpha)
- Numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements
For Point Cloud Quality Check (QC) workflows:
- Dynamic delta elevation (dZ) visualization for assessing swath to swath relative vertical accuracy
- Dynamic point density viewing mode for graphically inspecting LIDAR point density
- Image creation and export for both dZ and density images (via the Export Wizard) to allow synoptic, graphical quality reports
- Automatic loading of symbology for View by Point Source ID
GeoCue worked closely with Dr. Al Karlin, Senior GIS Scientist at the Southwest Florida Water Management District on the quality check improvements in this release of LP360.Â The vertical error between swaths is a critically important metric when considering hydrology in flat terrains, said Dr. Karlin.Â LP360's tools to perform this analysis very quickly over large projects will allow us to immediately assess the relative vertical accuracy of data we receive from our vendors.Â This new capability really complements the already extensive QC workflows that can be achieved in LP360.
For advanced exploitation and analysis, including point clouds from dense image matching such as micro-Unmanned Aerial Vehicles:
- Volumetric computation with Cut & Fill map added as a new Point Cloud Task (beta)
- Conflation is now available as a Point Cloud Task and includes direct 3D digitizing of points, lines and polygons with a wide variety of Z conflation algorithms (beta)
The LP360 Experimental release program allows customers early access to in-progress features and improvements.Â Customers with valid maintenance contracts can download this new EXP release via the LP360 Check for Updates feature.
GeoCue Corporation (www.GeoCue.com) is a software development and consulting services company specializing in geospatial production management solutions and creating tools for improving geospatially organized processes. GeoCue Corporation is also North America's leading provider of production solutions for airborne and mobile laser scanning. For more information please visit our website or contact us via email (info@GeoCue.com).