NEWTON, MA (USA) – The Maptitude 2020Â Consumer Expenditure dataÂ (USA) are available now.Â Consumer expenditure provides estimates for the amount of money each household spends, on average, on specific products. The expenses contained in this dataset cover a variety of markets and are reported down to Census Tract.Â Expenditure estimates for nearly 400 different products are provided,Â including:
- Principal and interest payments made on home loans
- Principal and interest payments made on vehicles
- Amount spent on Medicare or Medicaid Premiums
- Contributions made to retirement
- Cost of housing for students attending university
- Policy payments including homeowners, vehicle, renters, and more
- Recreational expenses including health club, live entertainment, theater and movie tickets, sporting equipment, dining out, and more
These data are useful for marketing, business, and operations analysts because they allow forÂ analyzing market potential,Â measuring the effectiveness of sales and advertisingÂ programs, setting sales quotas, and developing budgets.Â Government agenciesÂ use the data for administration and planning.
TheÂ Consumer Expenditure data are free for Maptitude 2020 users, and is also available asÂ shapefile, KML, KMZ, or GeoJSONÂ for a fee. If you have any questions about Maptitude or data availabilityÂ contact the Maptitude team.