SIMI VALLEY, Calif.-AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both defense and commercial applications, today introduced the next generation of its Quantix™ VTOL hybrid drone and the AeroVironment Decision Support System™ (AV DSS) for precision agriculture. Enhancements across the Quantix & AV DSS ecosystem deliver a combination of new features, performance improvements and product package offferings – designed to meet the needs of individual growers, precision ag service providers and large-scale farming operations.
“The response from growers to Quantix & AV DSS across the country has been very positive,” says Jeff Rodrian, director, Commercial Information Solutions, AeroVironment. “The ag community values a powerfully simple to use drone and data analytics ecosystem that captures field data quickly, and quantifies it in a format they can act on immediately.”
Featuring an innovative VTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) hybrid design, Quantix is purpose-built for crop scouting and can survey up to 400 acres in just 45 minutes. During flight, integrated sensors capture high-resolution color and multispectral imagery via dual 18MP cameras. On-board processing delivers true color and NDVI imagery on the included operating tablet as soon as the drone lands, allowing growers to ground-truth issues while still in the field. For more detailed analysis, Quantix seamlessly integrates with AV DSS to perform advanced image processing and data analytics including True Color, NDVI, GNDVI, canopy coverage, anomaly detection and more, providing users with deeper insights into plant emergence, vegetative health, inputs and resource management.
“We worked closely with our customers to develop the next generation of Quantix & AV DSS and deliver the actionable intelligence that today’s growers need to drive their business forward and maximize every acre,” added Rodrian.
On-Demand Field Intelligence – Optimized
Ready for the 2019 growing season, Quantix & AV DSS include a number of new features, performance improvements and safety enhancements designed to optimize the user experience – on the ground, in the field and in the air. Best of all, these new features are available to current and future Quantix & AV DSS users at no additional cost.
- Variable Rate Layer – Users can now view, download or import a Variable Rate Layer into a wide-range of Farm Management Software to create geo-referenced application maps and prescriptions for use with variable rate controllers and hardware systems
- John Deere Operations Center Connected – With single click data transfer, exporting Variable Rate maps from AV DSS into John Deere Operations Center is as easy as 1,2,3. Plus, John Deere Operations Center users can now easily import field boundaries into AV DSS to create geo-referenced locations for future Quantix flights
- Quick Resolution Imagery – In areas with slower internet connection, users can select Quick resolution imagery, decreasing total upload and processing time by 50%, while still performing AV DSS’ full suite of data analytics
- Coming Soon – Plant Count Beta Trial – Just in time for the 2019 growing season, AV DSS users will be able to participate in a Plant Count Beta Trial program at no additional cost. Utilizing machine learning and advance image recognition algorithms, this on-demand data product will provide growers with access to data analytics that quantify stand count and plant emergence
New Pricing Packages – Maximize the Return On Every Acre
Also new this season, Quantix & AV DSS will be available in three product packages that range from $5,500 to $16,500 – allowing customers to find a solution that’s right for their business. Each product package includes the ready-to-fly Quantix hybrid drone, and access to AV DSS data analytics platform.
“Whether you’re a grower looking to put aerial drone data analytics to work on your farm, an enterprise ag business or an ag services provider looking to begin scouting fields and scaling your business, our goal is to provide flexible packages that meet your needs and budget,” says Rodrian.
- Quantix & AV DSS Bundle ($16,500 MSRP) provides the entire hardware and software ecosystem and includes a 3-year subscription to AV DSS online data analytics platform with unlimited data storage
- Quantix Enterprise Bundle ($8,000 MSRP) developed for large-scale farming operations, providing pay-as-you-fly flexibility with a $0.50 per-acre image processing fee, unlimited data storage and no monthly AV DSS subscription fee
- Quantix Professional Package ($5,500 MSRP) ideal for Ag Service Providers, offering a turnkey "Franchise-in-a-box" solution with everything needed to start scouting fields and building a business. This package includes a $150 monthly subscription to AV DSS that provides access to exclusive Client Management and publishing tools, and a $0.30 per acre image processing fee
Quantix & AV DSS product packages are available starting today at authorized dealers nationwide. For more information, or to purchase a product package visit: www.avdroneanalytics.com
Visit AeroVironment, learn more and experience a Quantix flight demo at these upcoming farm shows:
- World Ag Expo, Tulare, CA, February 12-14, 2019
- National Farm Machinery Show, Louisville, KY, February 13-16, 2019
- Commodity Classic, Orlando, FL, February 28 - March 2, 2019
About AeroVironment, Inc.
AeroVironment (NASDAQ: AVAV) provides customers with more actionable intelligence so they can proceed with certainty. Based in California, AeroVironment is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems and tactical missile systems, and serves defense, government and commercial customers. For more information visit www.avinc.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Certain statements in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are made on the basis of current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors outside of our control, that may cause our business, strategy or actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, our ability to perform under existing contracts and obtain additional contracts; changes in the regulatory environment; the activities of competitors; failure of the markets in which we operate to grow; failure to expand into new markets; failure to develop new products or integrate new technology with current products; and general economic and business conditions in the United States and elsewhere in the world. For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, see the reports we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We do not intend, and undertake no obligation, to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For additional media and information, please follow us at: