November 17, 2015, (Portland, ME) ” SPAR Point Group, organizer of SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, formerly SPAR International, is now accepting abstracts for its 2016 conference program, which will be held in The Woodlands, TX, USA, April 11-14, 2016.
SPAR International was renamed SPAR 3D Expo & Conference to enhance appeal for asset owners seeking information on 3D technologies and leveraging their potential for cost reduction, safety enhancement, and monitoring assets in real time. At the same time, early adopters will experience latest 3D tools in specially-designed tracks for 3D Pros.
Abstracts supporting the following tracks are strongly encouraged:
- Introduction to 3D Technology “ Appropriate content for business owners/operators/asset owners new to 3D explaining the “WHY” case for using 3D technologies. Accepted abstracts will focus on the benefits (rather than the features) of why asset managers should consider integrating 3D to manage their business, save money, reduce risk, and increase efficiency. Content must focus on the high-level business case outlining what is possible, what business owners need to know to get started, and common pitfalls. This track will be exclusive to 101 level content including terminology, assessing hardware and software options, workflow and integration considerations, contracting with service providers versus bringing 3D in-house etc.
- Advanced Technologies for 3D Pros “ Appropriate content will unveil bleeding edge new technology tools or innovative uses of 3D technologies for the early-adopter, experienced 3D professional. Accepted abstracts will explore details of “HOW” the technology works and what is innovative or new. Preference will be given to asset owners and owner/operator abstracts over vendor presentations.
- Industry Vertical Sessions “ Industry-specific use cases explore the many uses of 3D technology in key target verticals. Preference will be given to asset owner presentations detailing present and future requirements from vendors. Content should articulate what is possible now, and what is needed in future. Key industry verticals include:
- Process & Power
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture, Building & Construction
- Surveying & Mapping
- Transportation & Civil Infrastructure (roads, bridges, tunnels, rail)
- Law Enforcement & Emergency Response
- Digital Historic Preservation
- Industrial Facilities
Last year, more than 1,000 professionals attended SPAR International, representing companies including AECOM, BP, Caterpillar Inc., ExxonMobil, Ford Motor Company, Jacobs Engineering, NASA, Shell, and Turner Construction. The conference program is complemented by a growing exhibit hall. 99 percent of attendees indicated that they found new products during a survey following the 2015 edition, proving the event to be a platform for innovative, end-to-end technologies designed for commercial settings.
For those interested in exhibiting at the 2016 event, contact [email protected]. For more information and to submit a proposal, visit www.sparpointgroup.com/international.
About SPAR 3D Expo & Conference
SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, produced by Diversified Communications, is a technology-neutral exhibition and conference on 3D technologies for surveyors, engineers, facilities managers, asset owners and other stakeholders. Conference programming covers end-to-end 3D from data capture to deliverables including considerations for information dissemination across the organization. SPAR 3D content will examine how 3D technologies are applied in a range of applications including engineering, construction, operations & facility management, infrastructure, manufacturing and security. SPAR 3D Expo & Conference will be held April 11-14, 2016 at The Woodlands in Houston, TX.
About SPAR Point Group
SPAR Point Group organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D imaging technologies. Content“ delivered in-person and online“ gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR Point Group is globally recognized for providing platform-neutral 3D technology conferences. SPAR Point Group is wholly-owned by Diversified Communications.