SHENZHEN, China – SkyPixel, the world’s most popular aerial photography community run in cooperation with DJI, on Friday kicked off its first aerial video contest of the year. The 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest runs from June 2 to August 2 and welcomes all drone users to submit their vision of the world in video format to any of three categories: Nature, City, or Sport. This contest is open to participants from around the world, whether you are a new drone user, a professional videographer, or someone just wanting to showcase their creativity from above.
“Since its inception in 2014, SkyPixel has become the largest community for aerial enthusiasts and photographers from around the world. We now have over four million users worldwide using this platform as a way to share their perspective of the world and inspire others with this fantastic new art form,” said Danny Zheng, DJI Vice President of Marketing.
“This art form is very much about storytelling and allows people to see or experience something different or otherwise out of reach. With this video contest, we hope it will expand creative possibilities even further and allow people to explore the world like never before.”
Participants can submit their work in any one of the following categories:
- Nature: Tell us a story with landscape shots, revealing the deep secrets of Mother Nature from above.
- City: Capture the character of your city’s transformation or show us places we know and love, but from a brand new perspective.
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement behind a sport or an athlete pursuing their dreams.
Videos captured from any type of aerial platform are welcome. Submissions should not be longer than five minutes and should include at least 30 seconds of aerial footage.
One Grand Prize winner will be selected out of all the entries. The winner will receive a DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo, Nikon D750 Body + 24-70 mm VR 2.8 Lens, Suunto Spartan Ultra Copper Special Edition (HR) Watch, LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 3 Hard Drive, an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses, and a Tourism Australia Travel Package. Other prizes include the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, and DJI Spark, among others.
SkyPixel will also give out a People’s Choice Prize to the top ten most liked videos (cut-off time for voting is August 2, 14:00). Winners will receive a DJI Osmo Mobile, LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C Hard Drive, Suunto Traverse Alpha Black Watch, and an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses.
The 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest is hosted by DJI, and is sponsored by Nikon, Adidas, and Raffles City.
Several renowned videographers and influencers will act as judges and decide the contest’s winners.
- Phil Pastuhov – Aerial Director of Photography whose credits include the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Godzilla, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Ning Hao – Director and screenwriter of several Chinese blockbusters. His breakout film Crazy Stone (2006) earned a Golden Horse Award for Best Original Screenplay.
- Ryan Hosking – The youngest feature film Aerial Director of Photography. Ryan’s film credits include The Revenant, American Sniper, The Nice Guys, and CHiPs.
- Filipe DeAndrade – 10-time Emmy award-winning Director of Photography, wildlife ambassador for National Geographic, and Nat Geo WILD
- Robin Mahieux – Robin has worked on creative projects for Chanel, Redbull, Sony, AIA, Cartier, Air China, Porsche, and Jaguar
- David Etienne – TV producer, director, pilot, and commercial drone pilot
- Andy Best – Renowned photographer and filmmaker
- Josh Raab – Multimedia Editor at TIME and professor at the International Center of Photography
- Brad Rickman – Digital Director for CondÃ© Nast Traveler
Contest Start Date: June 2 2017, 14:00 CST
Contest Deadline: August 2 2017, 14:00 CST
Award Announcement: August 31, 2017 CST
For more info about the contest and how to enter, visit: https://www.skypixel.com/events/videocontest2017
SkyPixel was founded in 2014 and has become a leading global community for aerial photographers and videographers. The platform has over four million registered users and hosts thousands of aerial images and videos uploaded daily by users from around the world. Leading works have received over 1 million views. The world’s largest aerial photography contest was hosted by SkyPixel in 2016, with over 27,000 entries received from 131 countries.
In addition, SkyPixel also promotes the growth of the aerial community, with an educational section featuring key aerial imaging experts who provide tips on how to produce the best aerial photography.
DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing innovative drone and camera technology for commercial and recreational use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more accessible, reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries for applications in filmmaking, construction, emergency response, agriculture, conservation and many other industries.
For more information, visit our:
DJI Store: store.dji.com/
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
For more information please contact: [email protected]