Vienna, Austria, July 5, 2013—With over 250 attendees from 40 countries, the RIEGL LIDAR 2013 International Airborne, Mobile, Terrestrial & Industrial User Conference turned out to be the LIDAR event of the year.
The conference took place at the Vienna Marriott, right in the magnificent historic city center of Vienna. Program highlights included presentations of the latest hardware and software by RIEGL and more than 80 User-, Partner-, and Scientific presentations by international leading LIDAR experts in various tracks. Special Sessions included presentations on bathymetry, architecture, geology, and UAV applications, to name just a few.
Moreover, 20 industry leading companies including Gold Sponsors Applanix, ESRI and Trimble exhibited and gave a partner presentation.
To kick off the conference, the new RIEGL LMS-Q1560, which represents the future of airborne laser scanning technology, was unveiled to the international audience. Only one day after the official unveiling, RIEGL gladly announced the first LMS-Q1560 sale to a long-standing customer in Canada.
RIEGL also presented several other exciting hardware and software news:
• the VMS-250 single-scanner mobile mapper optimized for marine applications
• the VMX-450-RAIL: high end mobile mapping system optimized for usage on railways
• RiSOLVE, RIEGL’s new software package designed for use with the VZ-400 and VZ-1000 terrestrial laser scanners for collision investigation and scene reconstruction, simplifying the acquisition process and reducing processing time dramatically
• RiPRECISION, RIEGL’s new software package created for use with the RIEGL family of mobile scanning systems. The powerful software adjusts overlapping data to create a very precise point cloud for the end user.
• Right in time for the conference, technology startup rapidlasso has released an open data exchange format called “PulseWaves” for storing full waveform LiDAR data.
In addition to the conference itself, technical workshops were provided, a tour of the RIEGL headquarters in Horn was given and a technical excursion to RIEGL’s airborne partners Airborne Technologies, Diamond Airborne Sensing and Schiebel in Wiener Neustadt south of Vienna was made.
The Highlight of the social program was Wednesday evening’s Gala Dinner. The RIEGL community came together in a spectacular, ultra-modern ambience for high class entertainment in the heart of Vienna, and spent a wonderful evening together
We are looking forward to meeting you at the next RIEGL LIDAR User Conference in 2015!
About RIEGL LMS:
The Austrian based firm RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems is a performance leader in research, development and production of terrestrial, industrial, mobile and airborne laser scanning systems. RIEGL’s innovative hardware and software products provide powerful solutions for nearly all imaginable fields of application. For more information, visit www.riegl.com
About RIEGL USA:
Located in Orlando, FL, RIEGL USA is the North American office for RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems, GmbH. With nearly 20 years of experience, RIEGL USA delivers quality airborne, mobile and stationary terrestrial laser scanning solutions. For more Information, visit www.rieglusa.com .