URISA and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) are pleased to announce the program details for the 2020 GIS/Valuation Technologies Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, March 23-26. Formerly known as GIS/CAMA, the event has been re-branded to take into account the abundance of technologies that, when integrated with GIS, make valuation and assessment more accurate, efficient and applicable for jurisdictions of all sizes. For more than twenty years, the organizations have hosted a conference to discuss the importance of data and the analysis of location information for better decision-making within a jurisdiction.
Seven full and half-day workshops will kick off #GISValTech2020:
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Assessment
• Data Quality Management Concepts for Assessors
• GIS and Data Analytics for Assessment Professionals
• Ratio Studies
• Developing Land Valuation Models
• Fundamentals and Applications of UAVs (Drones) Technologies
• Parcel Fabric: Tips & Tricks
Nearly 60 speakers will present in nearly two dozen educational sessions in these focused program tracks:
1. GIS Technologies: GIS technologies have become essential to the field of property assessment, and this track examines the latest innovations in the geospatial industry supporting the work of assessors.
2. Modeling & Valuation: This track covers valuation topics including modeling, valuation methodologies, machine learning, data visualization and manipulation, as well as ratio studies. The track will also feature sessions on reappraisal as well as best practice case studies on the application of methodologies.
3. Leadership Development & Policy: Managing a GIS, assessment system, or a team of appraisers, cadastral mappers or GIS technicians requires more than just technical capabilities. This track contains essential presentations to help guide you through GIS planning, understanding changing policy, emerging technology and developing soft skills to enhance your leadership abilities.
4. Technology Showcase: A focused track consisting of presentations from our conference sponsors and exhibitors.
Featured keynote speakers include Grace Simrall, Chief of Civic Innovation and Technology for Louisville Metro Government and Scott Nelson, a noted leadership coach and corporate trainer.
Start reviewing the important topics and discussions on the agenda: https://gisvaltech2020.sched.com/
#GISValTech2020 Main Event Page, Registration, Venue (early bird discounts until January 13): https://www.urisa.org/valtech
#GISValTech 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities (early bird discounts until January 2): https://www.urisa.org/valtech-sponsors
About IAAO – The International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) is a non-profit research and educational association. Established in 1934, IAAO’s mission is to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal as well as property tax policy and administration through professional development, education, research and technical assistance. For more information, visit www.iaao.org
About URISA The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association is a multi-disciplinary geospatial organization that provides professional education and training, a vibrant and connected community, advocacy for geospatial challenges and issues, and essential resources. URISA fosters excellence in GIS and engages geospatial professionals throughout their careers. For more information, visit www.urisa.org