November 2, 2015 — The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) together with United Nations Initiative on Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM) is proud to announce The First ISPRS – UN-GGIM National Mapping and Cadastral Agency Forum.
One of the strategic goals of ISPRS and the XXIII ISPRS Congress in Prague is to
• Highlight the important role of NMCAs, a signiﬁcant group of ISPRS members, in the geospatial domain
• Discuss scientiﬁc and technical issues in cadastral and topographic mapping with international colleagues
• Give NMCAs better visibility
• Encourage NMCAs to share their experience in topics such as:
- consistent feature catalogues across scale,
- 3D databases and database updating,
- big data; mobile and smart technology,
- semantic and geometric data integration,
- earth observation incl. infrastructure issues.
Sessions will comprise invited and presented papers. One session of the Forum will be a joint session of the National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies and Space Agencies.
It will be dedicated to two questions:
• How do NMCAs use satellite remote sensing data, what would they like to see improved, etc.?
• What are the plans of Space Agencies in the sphere of data for NMCAs, how can this cooperation be strengthened?
Registration and more information about the XXIII ISPRS Congress at