November 2, 2015 — The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) together with the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) is proud to announce The First ISPRS-IAA Space Agency Forum.
One of the strategic goals of ISPRS and the XXIII ISPRS Congress in Prague is to
• Present Space Agencies as indispensable co-operators for the large community of remote sensing and spatial information
• Strengthen and support successful common activities of Space Agencies and ISPRS
• Better understand the potential opportunities and challenges of current and planned Earth observation products with respect to demands of mapping agencies
• Discuss topics such as:
– missions and data systems,
– remote sensing for environmental monitoring and other the societal benefit areas of GEO,
– big data, data policy, data archiving, d ata delivery and long-term data continuity,
– synergies among international Earth Observation
– programmes such as Landsat and Sentinel-2.
Sessions will comprise invited and presented papers. One session of the Forum will be a joint session between the Space Agencies and the National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies.
It will be focused on two questions:
• What are the plans of Space Agencies in the sphere of data for National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies ; how can this cooperation be strengthened?
• How do National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies use satellite remote sensing data, what would they like to see improved, etc.?
Registration and more information about the XXIII ISPRS Congress at