TUCSON, ARIZONA, JULY 18, 2016 – Hexagon Mining is preparing for a busy three days at MINExpo, Sept. 26-28. The company will be previewing new advances in mining technology at the quadrennial show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Progress made in the company's mine planning software applied to complex geology and dynamic unfolding at Freeport-McMoRan's Tenke Fungurume mine will also be presented in a white paper.
At Hexagon Mining Booth 4133, there will be a first look at new solutions from the company's operations, planning, and safety suites.
- A new look for mine traffic control within Mineops will be unveiled, including an integrated GIS mine map
- The flagship high-precision drill solution, Drill HP, will demonstrate new hardness profiling capabilities for rotary and hammer drills, plus start-of-hole detection for compatible drills and market-leading navigational intelligence
- The latest advances in monitoring solutions will be on show, including Leica MultiStations. By incorporating laser scanning into total stations, Leica MultiStations push surveying and monitoring to a new realm of possibilities. Complementing the monitoring component will be the company's unmanned aircraft systems. UAS are improving both surveying and safety for mine personnel, plus filling in data gaps from hard-to-reach places
- Attendees interested in underground surveying can see Leica high-definition laser scanners (HDS) and MultiStations. These solutions deliver the most accurate and comprehensive data for design versus as-built inspection, volumetric analysis, geological mapping and geotechnical analysis
- Available to demo will be GeoLogic, a new product that leverages the power of MineSight Implicit Modeler by sequencing surfaces and solids to create an air-tight geological model
- Also for preview will be Hexagon Mining's solution for a single, qualified terrain model, Live Terrain. Live Terrain is an innovative real-time web-based visualization of mining terrain data
- The latest advances to FatigueMonitor plus the market's first vehicle intervention system will be on show
- Also on display will be a full suite of monitoring solutions to keep underground and surface mines continuously safe and operational. From GPS and Total Station Prism Systems (TPS) and HDS to Georadar and UAS, attendees can learn how Hexagon Mining monitoring technology identifies hazardous events in time to take preventative measures and how mine plans are optimized with this critical information
Hexagon Mining will host demonstrations of augmented reality technology for today's mine, bringing together the real and digital worlds.
Expect more innovation from Hexagon Mining at MINExpo in Las Vegas, Sept. 26-28. For more information and interview requests, contact [email protected].
About Hexagon Mining
Hexagon Mining is the only company to solve surface and underground challenges with proven technologies for planning, operations, and safety. We bring surveying, design, fleet management, production optimization, and collision avoidance together in a life-of-mine solution that connects people and processes. Our customers are safer, more productive, and can make sense of their data.
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, with offices worldwide, Hexagon Mining is shaping smart change by helping to connect all parts of a mine with technologies that make sense of data in real time. We deliver technology, service, and support. Learn more at hexagonmining.com and follow us @HexagonMining.
Mining is part of Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.