JAKARTA, NETRALNEWS.COM - The National Agency for Disaster Management (BNPB) again won the world award for innovation and creativity in disaster management, especially in the Asia Pacific region.
BNPB Head of Information Data Center and Public Relations Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said the partnership and collaboration conducted by BNPB together with various parties in disaster management has resulted in various products that are recognized by the global community, that Indonesia has developed and become the inspiration of other countries.
BNPB was awarded Asia Geospatial Excellence Award 2017 from Geosmart Asia in Geosmart Asia Forum and Geo Intelligence Asia Pacific Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia August 22-24, 2017.
Sutopo, in a press release, Thursday (8/24/2017), said the award was given to BNPB for PetaBencana.id for the category of geospatial technology in public engagement. This prestigious annual event was attended by more than 1,200 participants from 25 countries and 300 organizations in the Asia Pacific region.
The 2017 Asia Geospatial Excellence Award is also awarded to institutions and organizations for innovation and achievements in technology, among others:
1. JAXA, RESTEC, NTT DATA Corporation, Japan for AW3D: The World's First 5m-Resolution 3D Map of the Earth.
2. Songdo City, South Korea for GIS-Based Smart Urban Planning System.
3. BNPB Indonesia for PetaBencana.id.
4. National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia for Malaysia Climate Change Knowledge Portal.
5. National Land and Surveying and Mapping Center, Taiwan for The Integration Program of Land Use Monitoring.
6. Mass Rapid Transit Corporation (MRT Corp) Malaysia for Implementation for SSP MRT Line. (*)