Additional partner sessions will focus on important policy and safety issues, as well as various corporate, industrial and consumer applications for unmanned systems.
Co-located event programs kick off on Monday, May 8 and include:
- Wireless Repair Roundup, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT: Wireless repair industry experts review strategies to drive store traffic, increase device repair profits and provide insights into the growing market for drone repair.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research UAS Weather Forum, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CDT: This session provides a platform for discussion of all aspects related to weather and UAS operations.
- AIAA/AUVSI Third Workshop on Civilian Applications of Unmanned Aircraft Systems, 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. CDT: Brings the AUVSI and American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) professional communities together to focus on the current civilian applications of UAS, to look at lessons learned during the Public Decade (2008-2017), and to look forward to define the Civil Decade (2017-2026).
The second annual Texas UAS Summit will take place Tuesday, May 9 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Wednesday, May 10 from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. CDT. The event will bring together key members from the Texas congressional delegation and Legislature, along with leaders from the law enforcement and first responder community across Texas and the nation.
Sessions taking place on Wednesday, May 10 include:
- ARGUS Unmanned – A Safety Standdown, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT: The workshop will develop the knowledge and understanding of a learner’s competency in UAS aviation safety and managing risks.
- PIX4D User Workshop, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CDT: This two-day session will help professionals leverage drone technology to create accurate 2D and 3D reconstructions.
- Autonomous Flight for Tomorrow “ Technology Leaders in Vertical Flight, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CDT: AHS International “ The Vertical Flight Technical Society, presents an interactive panel with top innovation leaders from Uber, A3 by Airbus, Bell, Boeing, Leonardo and Sikorsky to discuss the latest in autonomous vertical flight for manned and unmanned aircraft.
- SAE Industry Expert Panel Discussion: Break Through the Barriers to Work with OEMs, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. CDT: This panel will provide strategies for maximizing opportunity as the role of the OEM changes in the unmanned systems industry.
- ASSURE Research and Outreach Fair, 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. CDT: The Alliance for System Safety of UAS Through Research Excellence (ASSURE) will present their findings from the first two years of research under the UAS Center of Excellence Program. The session will also include panels, posters, and an open forum to discuss the national UAS Integration Research objectives.
- AUVSI Remote Pilots Council, 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. CDT: The session will provide a forum for remote pilots to engage directly with one another and the FAA.
The full agenda for all co-located events can be accessed here.
“XPONENTIAL’s co-located events shine a light on the technology developments, policy issues, and business opportunities that will drive revenue in the unmanned systems industry, and help accelerate its evolution,” said Brian Wynne, president and CEO of AUVSI. “This year’s agenda features forward-looking leaders who can share critical insights and best practices for maintaining a competitive edge in our rapidly-changing industry.”
More than 7,000 industry leaders and professionals from over 55 countries are expected to attend XPONENTIAL 2017. The exhibit hall will showcase more than 650 cutting-edge companies, representing more than 20 industries.
Registration for XPONENTIAL 2017 has opened. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2jgeaLQ
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) ” the world’s largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of unmanned systems and robotics ” represents more than 7,500 members from more than 60 countries involved in the fields of government, industry and academia. AUVSI members work in the defense, civil and commercial markets.