ASPRS, with support of the ASPRS Foundation, has identified funding to sponsor Student Presentations in the upcoming ASPRS 2021 Annual Conference, which will be held virtually from March 29 – April 2, 2021. Individuals who are awarded Student Presentation Grants will have their conference registration fees waived, and will receive a complementary one-year student membership in ASPRS.
How do I know if I qualify for a Student Conference Presentation Grant?
- The student must be the conference Presenter; other non-students may be listed as co-authors.
- The student will be asked to provide proof of current enrollment before receiving final approval for a conference grant. Proof of current enrollment could be a copy of a student ID, an unofficial transcript, registration record for the current semester, or a letter from a supporting faculty member on institution letterhead.
- Abstracts that are accepted by the Technical Program Committee but not chosen to receive grants will still be eligible to participate in the conference. The presenters will be required to register and pay appropriate fees.
How do I apply for a Student Conference Presentation Grant?
- Review the Call for Abstracts for description of eligible topics.
- Prepare a Title and an Abstract of not more than 500 words of plain text.
- Prepare Name, Email Address, and Affiliation for all named authors.
- If authors are ASPRS members or have ASPRS.ORG accounts, please provide their ASPRS Primary Email Address in this field.
- If you or your co-authors are not sure if you have an ASPRS account or have forgotten your ASPRS username, please visit https://my.asprs.org and click the Sign in tab to reset your username or password.
- All named authors will be listed in the conference program but are not required to attend the presentation.
- If authors wish to attend, they must register for the conference. Please register with the same email address as above.
- Click through to the Abstract Submission site.
- Create a login on the Abstract Submission site.
- Please use the same email address you prepared above.
- On the Dashboard, click New Abstract.
- Complete the form as follows:
- Event Information: ASPRS 2021 Annual Conference
- Topic: STUDENT PRESENTATION GRANT APPLICATION
- Author Information: as prepared above.
- Presenter Information: as prepared above.
- Presenter Preference: choose of the presentation types listed below:
- 15-minute oral presentation
- 5-minute Ignite-style talk
- Poster Gallery
- Title: follow instructions provided in the form.
- Description: follow instructions provided in the form.
- Keywords: at least one keyword is required.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions
- Submit the Abstract.
How do I know if my abstract is accepted?
- The Technical Program Committee will review abstracts in the week immediately following the Submission Deadline. See the Call for Abstracts for full details.
- All presenters will be notified by email.
- Presenters can also login to the Abstract Submission site to see the status of their review.
- Student presenters whose abstracts are ACCEPTED and who selected STUDENT PRESENTATION GRANT APPLICATION as their abstract topic, can follow the instructions below to secure their grant.
What do I do if my abstract is accepted?
- Presenters will receive an email notification of acceptance and will be asked to respond to confirm their commitment to present along with their Proof of Current Enrollment as described above.
- Accepted presenters who cannot provide Proof of Current Enrollment will still be able to present in the conference but will not receive grant funding.
- Conference grants will be allocated to all accepted presenters until funding is depleted.
- Upon receipt of the presenter’s response of commitment and validation of the Proof of Enrollment, ASPRS will forward instructions to create or update their ASPRS account profile.
- Student presenters who are not currently ASPRS members will receive one-year of complementary membership.
- Student presenters who are currently ASPRS members will receive one-year extension of their membership.
- Grant recipients will be sent conference registration credentials, presentation times, and additional presenter instructions immediately following the Speaker Registration Deadline as specified in the Call for Abstracts.
What will be expected of me?
- All presenters will be asked to pre-record their presentations and submit them to the Technical Program Committee per the deadline stated in the Call for Abstracts.
- All presenters are expected to attend the online session in which they are scheduled and to participate in Q&A with conference attendees.
- ASPRS will provide an opportunity for grant recipients to participate in mentoring sessions to practice and receive feedback before finalizing their conference presentations. Further information regarding practice sessions will be included in the conference registration materials described above.
- Failure to submit materials or appear in a scheduled presentation session will result in cancellation of the complementary student membership and conference registration.
What if I have more questions?