BETHESDA, Md., April 15, 2013”The American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) proudly announces the following 2013 Outstanding Service Award Winners:
- Mike Renslow, for his service as EditorinChief of the Lidar Manual, his efforts to achieve accreditation for the ASPRS Certification Program, and his service as ISPRS Treasurer, 2009 “ 2012.
- The Guidelines for Procurement of Commercial Geospatial Mapping Products Committee, Charles Mondello, Chair; and committee members Mark Baker, Becky Morton, Marvin Miller, Brant Howard, Kari Craun, George Southard, Jeff Lovin, Mike Ritchie and Paul Harwig for their efforts to develop the draft guidelines.
- Chris McGlone for his service as EditorinChief of the Manual of Photogrammetry, 6th Edition.
- George Y. G. Lee for his service as Technical Editor of the Manual of Photogrammetry, 6th Edition and his dedicated efforts to fully endow the Francis H. Moffitt Memorial Scholarship.
The ASPRS Outstanding Service Award was established in 1991. It is given to society members in recognition of outstanding and unusual efforts in helping ASPRS develop and carry out its program over a sustained period. Recipients have performed outstanding service at the chapter, regional, or national level. Awardees' services include any activities, including professional, that have helped the society achieve its goals and objectives.
The award consists of a bronze plaque. These awards were presented in March at the 2013 Annual ASPRS Conference in Baltimore.
Additional awards made during the ASPRS 79th Annual Conference and administered by the ASPRS Foundation were:
- Ford Bartlett Membership Award
Recipients: Dr. James B. Campbell“ Potomac Region, Katarina Doctor“ Potomac Region, Dr. Michael Krimmer“ Potomac Region, and Prof. Jonathan Li“ At Large
- SAIC/Estes Memorial Teaching Award
Winner: Douglas A. Stow, Professor of Geography, San Diego State University (SDSU), San Diego, California
- Outstanding Workshop Instructor Award
Winner: William H. Farrand, PhD
Founded in 1979, The ASPRS Foundation, Inc. is an independent 501(c)3 organization established to provide grants, scholarships, loans and other forms of aid to individuals or organizations pursuing knowledge of imaging and geospatial information science and technology, and their applications across the scientific, governmental, and commercial sectors. The Foundation is the primary funding source for all non-sponsored awards and scholarships recognized by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.