Aurora, Colo., March 14, 2013—Merrick & Company (www.merrick.com), a Colorado based firm, has announced that its newly located Corporate headquarters is open today. The office moved from Aurora to One Greenwood Corporate Center, near I-25 and Orchard in Greenwood Village.
“Merrick is very excited with the move into this building that provides our employee-owned company a great headquarter facility for the future,” says Ralph W. Christie, Jr., Chair and CEO. “This eventual LEED certified and Green Globes building provides a great work environment for our employees and visiting clients and business partners, that is accessible to light rail. This is an exciting time in the history of our Colorado-based firm,” added Christie. Approximately 280 employees moved to the new office location.
Merrick intends to achieve a minimum of LEED Silver certification and Green Globes status of the office. Some sustainable aspects of the newly renovated 103,500 S.F. building include:
* All paints, adhesives, fabrics, and flooring products are low VOC products
* High efficient systems (mechanical/electrical, HVAC)
* Construction team diverted more than 50% of construction waste/debris from landfills
* Purchased renewable energy credits from a local wind power utility to provide all energy needs
* Reuse of some existing materials (some furnishings and portions of existing ceiling)
* Use of high efficiency water fixtures and faucets, reducing anticipated water usage by over 35% compared to a baseline use
Merrick’s new office information is:
5970 Greenwood Plaza Blvd.
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Main number stays the same: 303.751.0741