NEW YORK, September 3, 2015 – The term ‘LiDAR’ is an acronym for ‘Light Detection and Ranging’, which has been derived from the common term ‘RADAR’. LiDAR technology has been around in the military and research circles, since the early 1960s. A typical LiDAR system mainly consists of three major components, namely laser sensor, global positioning system (GPS) unit, and an inertial navigation unit. The light detection and ranging system sends out laser pulses at the object/area to be mapped, and collects data by recording the pulses reflected by/from the object. In certain instances, as many as 100,000 such pulses are sent out every second. The European LiDAR market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 12.2% from 2014 to 2019.
Initially, light detection and ranging systems were considered to be very bulky, hence they were quite expensive. Recent advancements made in the LiDAR technological process have revamped the size of a LiDAR system down to a point, wherein LiDAR technology has become an accurate and affordable solution. Therefore, advancement in the GPS and inertial navigation unit has resulted in propelling the growth of the LiDAR market in Europe.
The report segments the market on the basis of product, application, and geography. The geographical analysis contains an in-depth classification of major countries covered in the report, such as Germany, U.K., France, and Italy among others. The study also presents a comprehensive overview of varied market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, upcoming challenges, and opportunities impacting the market.
The report offers competitive landscape of key players of this market, in addition to in-depth data on company financials, recent developments, and key growth strategies. Major companies covered in the report are Airborne Imaging, Inc. (U.S.), Leica Geosystems (U.S.), Optech Incorporated (Canada), Trimble Navigation Limited (U.S.), RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH (Austria), and Renishaw Plc (U.K.).
Along with the market data, you can also customize the MMM assessments that are in accordance to your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
– Product Analysis:
– Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
– Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
– End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
– Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls.
– Data from Manufacturing Firms:
– Fast turn-around analysis of manufacturing firms’ responses to recent market events and trends
– Expert opinion from industry leaders about different applications, wherein LiDAR can be used
– Qualitative inputs on macro-economic indicators
– Comparative Analysis:
– Market data and key developments of top companies
– Shipment/Volume Data:
– Tracking the value of components shipped annually in each geography
– Trend analysis of Application:
– Application matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio of each company, mapped in each geography