Redlands, Calif., Oct. 21, 2013”Esri announces the integration of its ArcGIS Platform with MarkLogic's Enterprise NoSQL database platform to provide real-time access to highly diverse data sources for the defense and intelligence communities.
We are excited about the integration of Esri's and MarkLogics technologies, which will enable government organizations to efficiently and effectively manage complex volumes and varieties of data to achieve mission success, says Jeff Peters, Esri's Director, National Government.
New functionality from the integration of the Esri and MarkLogic technologies includes:
- Use of the ArcGIS mapping APIs to build a web interface for visualizing, querying, and interacting with multi-dimensional data from the NoSQL database.
- This application leverages open APIs from the ArcGIS platform along with ArcGIS basemaps and can be integrated with any type of supported layer.
- Users of the application can immediately display data from the NoSQL database over their area of interest and view feature attributes in popups.
- The integration supports the display of attribute-level data, or microdata, based on NoSQL data structures.
- The ArcGIS API also allows text-based and spatial querying against the data, as well as providing users with the tools to create annotations.
Our customers in the defense and intelligence communities need solutions that will let them quickly and cost-effectively aggregate, search, and analyze multi-structured and unstructured information from numerous disparate sources, in a geospatial context, said Kevin Shelly, MarkLogic vice president of Sales for North America Public Sector. Bringing the MarkLogic Enterprise NoSQL database platform together with Esri's geospatial analytic software delivers more innovative ways to analyzing data than with traditional relational database technology.
Esri and MarkLogic will do a joint presentation demonstrating the interoperability of their products at the MarkLogic Government Summit in McLean, Virginia, on October 23, 2013.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, Esri software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at www.esri.com.