REDLANDS, Calif.” Esri, the global leaderÂ inÂ mapping andÂ locationÂ intelligence,Â today announced that itÂ has been working closely with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)Â to provide itsÂ mapping and analyticsÂ technology in support of an integrated, multi-agency geospatial platform for supporting COVID-19 response. This includes distribution of its technology to FEMAÂ partnerÂ entities andÂ organizations across the country.
This collaborationÂ leverages Esri's enterprise agreement at the Department of Homeland SecurityÂ (DHS), which makes its platform available to all FEMA partners during incidents of national significance. The COVID-19 pandemic is one such incident. Esri has been working with agencies like FEMA to ensure that communities across the nation have free, easy access to the mostÂ cutting-edgeÂ technologies to help them understand and respond to this outbreak.
As part of this collaboration, Esri is also making available on-call technical support services, virtual training, and a library of geospatial applications that are developed specifically for responding to the crisis.
FEMA'sÂ federal,Â state, local, tribal,Â andÂ territorialÂ partnersÂ can now obtain free Esri software and SaaS solutions for the purpose of supporting their COVID-19 response. This includes Esri's ArcGIS platform for visualization, analytics, and geodatabase management.
While it has always been our policy to support impacted communities duringÂ incidents of national emergencies, this crisis is special, said Jack Dangermond, Esri president. More than ever it is requiring an integrated multi-organizational response. Our partnership with FEMA will help provide its partners with an integrated multi-agency platform for data sharing and supporting a host of mapping and geospatial applications. We appreciate this opportunity to serve and are hopeful our collaboration will result in a more effective response.
As part of this collaboration, FEMA has created a GISÂ hub siteÂ for dataÂ sharingÂ and collaboration amongÂ its partners. The Hub is a configuration of Esri'sÂ cloud-based platform,Â ArcGIS Online, and supports a host of capabilities well suited for this emergency. While not public, the site can be accessed by all of FEMA'sÂ federal,Â state,Â local,Â tribal,Â privateÂ sector, and NGO partners.
Hub resources include FEMA data, other national, state, and local organizations' data, as well as extensive tools and apps that supportÂ visualization and analysis. FEMA has designed the site so users can easily respond to common workflows related to the crisis. Partners are able to easily share and findÂ data, as well as a leverage apps that answer key questions and support specific decision-making. The Hub includes resources for theÂ following applications:
- EstablishingÂ Testing Locations: help decision-makers determine the bestÂ placesÂ for testing sites, as well asÂ helpÂ citizens find the nearest testing location.
- Mitigation Measures:Â identifyÂ measuresÂ takenÂ at theÂ stateÂ andÂ localÂ level such asÂ publicÂ schoolÂ closureÂ data, NEMA”stateÂ mitigationÂ actionsÂ dashboard,Â and publicÂ healthÂ emergencyÂ status byÂ county.
- Alternate Care Sites: help decision-makers identify facilities that can support low acuity patients,Â such asÂ convention centers, hotels, shuttered hospitals, college or university dormitories, or vacant open space in commercial buildings.
- ManagingÂ PPE: provideÂ real-time standardized data collection to help organizationsÂ track requirements for criticalÂ personal protective equipment (PPE) and otherÂ items.
- IdentifyingÂ Vulnerable Populations:Â identify theÂ locations of vulnerable populations including nursing homes and elder care facilities.
- Food Distribution: provideÂ the public with information on where to find free or reduced-price food or meals.
To learn more about howÂ FEMA partnersÂ can take advantageÂ EsriÂ software, visit www.esri.com/disaster.
Esri, the global market leader in geographic information system (GIS) software, location intelligence, and mapping, offers the most powerful geospatial cloud available, to help customers unlock the full potential of data to improve operational and business results. Founded in 1969, Esri software is deployed in more than 350,000 organizations including 90 of the Fortune 100 companies, all 50 state governments, more than half of all counties (large and small), and 87 of the Forbes Top 100 Colleges in the US, as well as all 15 Executive Departments of the US Government and dozens of independent agencies. With its pioneering commitment to geospatial information technology, Esri engineers the most advanced solutions for digital transformation, the Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics. Visit us at esri.com.
Copyright Â© 2020 Esri. All rights reserved. Esri, the Esri globe logo, The Science of Where, esri.com, and @esri.com are trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products or services mentioned herein may be trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of their respective mark owners.