The 17th annual International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), taking place in Denver, Colorado, USA, February 13-15, 2017, has announced a Call for Papers
and invites interested parties to submit their abstracts by September 1, 2016
ILMF is a technical conference and exhibition focused on surveying and mapping technologies including aerial, mobile and bathymetric lidar as well as other emerging remote sensing technologies including UAV/UAS. Other technologies include topo/bathymetric solutions, Geiger-mode and single photon lidar, multi and hyperspectral imaging. Data processing content addresses latest innovations to solve for big data, data fusion, data integrity and data interoperability.
Topics include asset management, infrastructure inspection and maintenance for utilities, process & power, coastal zone mapping and surveying, emergency and disaster response, land and natural resource management, urban modeling and construction.
We invite abstracts addressing the following topics. Case studies and recent project examples presented by owner/operators are encouraged.
- Data acquisition – airborne, mobile and bathymetric lidar
- Developments in lidar including Single Photon, FLASH and Geiger-mode. Comparisons of lidar technologies.
- Applications/Integration of lidar, photogrammetry, survey data and dense image matching
- LIDAR point clouds & large data sets including automated feature extraction
- UAV/UAS developments & applications; comparisons of manned versus sUAS
- Emerging technologies in remote sensing and mapping
- Data fusion and processing technologies
- Engineering collaboration systems and cloud-hosted data management
- Developments in point data classification and GIS modeling
- Mobile mapping and survey
- Systems integration
- Industry issues
The ILMF Advisory Board will review each abstract and the final program will be announced in November. Case studies and recent project examples presented by owner/operators are encouraged. Vendor product presentations are welcomed in the Product Preview section of the program and will not be accepted for the main program.