Fort Collins, Colo. – Schneider Electric, the industry leader in Geographic Information System (GIS) solutions for utilities and communication providers, announced the release of ArcFM Designer 11.1.4. This release is at the forefront of new ArcGIS platform capabilities with its support of the Utility Network, as well as the Utility and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM).
ArcFM Designer 11.1.4 is the next generation of Graphic Work Design, providing engineers with a purpose-built application that supports the entire design lifecycle with simplicity, efficiency and intelligence. Release 11.1.4 is the first to support gas networks with functionality that seamlessly adjusts based on the user’s design. Users can now efficiently sketch new gas assets, abandon existing assets, generate material lists and update the GIS with new design information without needing to redraw.
Designer 11.1.4 serves as the primary design tool for a utility through significant new functionality including:
· Support for the Esri Utility Network and UPDM, enabling users to integrate designs into the new Utility Network model and take advantage of the latest enhancements to the ArcGIS platform.
· The ability to send a design to ArcFM Editor XI and ArcFM Session Manager, further digitizing the design and construction processes.
· ArcFM Job Services provides configurable triggers to control when the ArcFM Session and corresponding ArcGIS geodatabase version are created for a design, resulting in fewer outstanding versions and less overhead in the geodatabase.
· ArcFM Job Services has been enhanced to enable supervisors or engineers to approve designs before progressing them through the design and construction workflow.
· The rotation of anchors and guys enables correct visual display in the construction print and symbol rotation in the GIS.
· Administrators can now configure which existing GIS attributes are displayed on the Component Information pane, allowing them to display more targeted information for designers.
· Span guys can now be modeled in a design, so they can be placed and accounted for during construction.
· More control over line features that are placed in a design, so users can select endpoints and move as necessary.
· Copy removal CUs that have been applied to an asset (e.g. a pole) and place them on a different component. This makes it easy to apply the same set of removal CUs to multiple assets.
· A more targeted CU search displays results based on the component being placed, making it quicker and easier to find the appropriate CU.
“ArcFM Designer XI continues to evolve and enhance quickly, building on its foundation as the primary design tool for any utility,” said Jay Stinson, general manager at Schneider Electric. “With support for both the Utility Network and the UPDM, utilities that leverage Designer 11.1.4 are at the leading edge of new ArcGIS platform capabilities that are revolutionizing the design and construction process.”
ArcFM Designer XI is part of the ArcFM Solution XI Series, an ecosystem of applications that streamline the design and construction workflow, enabling utilities to get work done more efficiently. ArcFM Editor XI, ArcFM Web XI and ArcFM Mobile XI fill out the rest of the ecosystem and offer the most comprehensive utility GIS solution available today. The result - streamlined workflows, minimized use of paper and a reduced work backlog, enabling utilities to address the challenges facing today’s digital environment.
To learn more about ArcFM Designer 11.1.4, visit
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.