June 23, 2015 — We are pleased to announce the launch of the EARSC Earth Observation Industry Certiﬁcation Scheme designed provide companies with a management certiﬁcation speciﬁcally adapted to the EO services industry.
The Scheme is intended as a catalyst to help companies offering services based on satellite Earth Observation data to engender greater conﬁdence within their customers. It is applicable to all sizes of EO companies and allows the possibility of certiﬁcation to scheme requirements without the need for full ISO9001 compliance.
Industry beneﬁts will be:
– Industry best practices for core processes.
– EARSC maintaining a list of appropriately trained and experienced certiﬁcation bodies.
– Exposure to potential customers by listing on the EARSC certiﬁed companies list.
– Smaller companies will be subject to less audit time to be certiﬁed to the EARSC Scheme than they do under ISO9001
– resulting in lower cost of entry into the market.
Customers’ beneﬁts will be:
– Access to a list of companies successfully completing assessment.
– EO Industry suppliers providing product information in a common format allowing comparison of like with like by the implementation of a common format for Product Speciﬁcations.
– A continually maturing and improving EO Industry, increasing trust.
More information at www.earsc.org/certiﬁcation