MADRID, Spain, March 6, 2015– Exelis (NYSE:XLS) will highlight its expanding presence in the global aviation marketplace at the 2015 World ATM Congress, stand #426, March 10-12, 2015, Madrid, Spain. Senior executives will be available to discuss the launch of the new Exelis Global Aviation Solutions business and its portfolio of integrated solutions that enable improved communication, collaboration and optimization for airports, air navigation service providers (ANSP) and airlines.
Among the Exelis topics of discussion and capabilities on display, the company will highlight:
• Launch of the Exelis Global Aviation Solutions business: Exelis continues to expand its global footprint, including the acquisition of the Orthogon business, based in Bremen, Germany, from Barco N.V. in August 2014, and the establishment of its recently opened Asia-Pacific regional headquarters in Melbourne, Australia. The new Exelis Global Aviation Solutions business spans VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) communication products; air traffic queue optimization solutions; airport and airlines operations management solutions; large-scale terrestrial aircraft surveillance networks; and space-based surveillance constellations. Exelis provides these solutions to some of the world’s busiest airports including Doha, Qatar; Hong Kong; Istanbul; London; and Singapore.
• Networked Air Traffic Control and Airport Communication Solutions: For the first time, Exelis will demonstrate its ED137-compliant SwitchplusIP® solution. ED137 is EUROCAE’s interoperability standard for VOIP air traffic management components. SwitchplusIP provides critical VOIP communications solutions for airports and air traffic control. The solution enables air transportation operators to utilize existing network infrastructure and provides unparalleled scalability and flexibility through the seamless integration of radios, telephones, closed circuit television, alarm monitoring, facility controls, and public address systems.
• Arrival and Departure Management Solutions: Exelis Orthogon’s OSYRIS provides an integrated suite of arrival, departure, and flow management software for queue management in today’s crowded air traffic environment. OSYRIS Arrival Manager (AMAN) manages the flow of arriving aircraft to make best use of available runways and airspace. OSYRIS Departure Manager (DMAN) optimizes planning of outbound traffic at airports by maximizing runway capacity utilization.
• Operations Management Solutions: The Exelis Symphony® data and applications suite is a comprehensive, integrated airport and airline operations management platform that provides key business functions including operations, revenue, and environmental compliance management.
• Global Surveillance Solutions: Exelis has deployed and is currently operating the ground infrastructure for the Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) network for the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. Exelis is also leading systems engineering and ground data distribution for Aireon, the global, space-based ADS-B solution.