INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Pioneering MicroCarb Mission Features Sophisticated Detector
MicroCarb, the first European CO2 monitoring mission, added Lynred’s large-format SWIR detector, NGP, to its spectrometer instrument built by Airbus Defence & Space.
- Ozone Hole Set to Close
Forecasts from the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS), which uses total ozone measurements from the Copernicus Sentinel-5P mission processed at the German Aerospace Center, have forecasted that this year’s ozone hole will close sooner than usual.
- Commercial Space Revenue Climbs to All-Time High of $328.86 Billion
Revenues from global commercial space activity in 2018 climbed to their highest level ever and now make up nearly 80 percent of the total global space industry.
- Caltech, NASA Find Web of Ruptures in Ridgecrest Quake
A new study of Southern California’s largest earthquake sequence in two decades provides new evidence that large earthquakes can occur in a more-complex fashion than commonly assumed.
- Accela Deepens Integration with Esri and Microsoft to Leverage Spatial Data and Cloud Analytics to Empower Governments to Make Data-Driven Decisions and Enhance Citizen Services
- Assetino Cloud Based Cemetery GIS Launched
- FLIR Introduces StormCaster Payload Family for its SkyRaider and SkyRanger Unmanned Aerial Systems
- EarthCam’s A.I. Technology Advances Autodesk Integration with Improved 3D Model and 360° Reality Capture Alignment