INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Satellites Reveal Underground Lifestyle of Wombats
A combination of high-resolution satellite imagery and remote motion-activated cameras is helping South Australian researchers compile the first species-wide mapping of distribution and abundance of the Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat.
- ‘Snow Swamp’ on Canada’s Lowell Glacier
This false-color image shows the progression of the rapid snow melt in the Kluane National Park in the Yukon Territory.
- Scientists Tracking Florida’s Red Tides with Satellites and Smartphones
In August 2018, in the midst of one of the most severe red tide outbreaks to hit Florida’s Gulf Coast in a decade, water samples regularly contained more than one million K. brevis cells per liter.
- Degradation of Wetlands Contributes to Social Instability and Insecurity
During Stockholm World Water Week, Wetlands International is leading the “Connecting water peace and security through ecosystems” event, calling on governments to recognize the role of wetlands systems in maintaining peace and security by supplying water and food as well as sustaining human health and livelihoods.
- MAPSearch Launches New Algorithm to Simplify Solar Site Selection
- Integrated Navigation Systems by Polynesian Exploration Inc.
- New BlueSky GNSS Firewall From Microsemi Provides Secure, Continuous Timing Integrity in GPS-Denied Environments
- Sparx Systems Supports Standards Development for Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)