INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- NASA, University of Nebraska Release New Global Groundwater Maps and U.S. Drought Forecasts
NASA researchers developed new satellite-based, weekly global maps of soil moisture and groundwater wetness conditions and one- to three-month U.S. forecasts of each product.
- Air Quality Satellite Constellation Begins Taking Shape
On Feb. 18, 2020, a new era began in an international effort to improve air-quality science and forecasting around the world to help reduce the impact of air pollution on human health and the environment.
- Earth Day Network Announces Shift to Global Digital Mobilizations for 50th Anniversary of Earth Day
Amid the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, Earth Day Network, the global organizer of Earth Day, will mark the 50th anniversary of Earth Day with the first Digital Earth Day, a global digital mobilization on April 22, 2020, to address the most urgent threats to people and the planet.
- Landmark Deep-Sea Mission to Boost Ocean Action
A deep-sea scientific mission to uncharted depths in the Maldives and Seychelles will gather valuable data to support the Commonwealth Blue Charter on ocean action and train local scientists.
- Iridium Partner IEC Telecom Enables The IK Foundation to Deploy Autonomous Monitoring Station in the Remote Arctic
- AI Steps Up to Fight COVID-19 with New Digital Human Health Advisor
- RoboSense Smart LiDAR Sensor Wins the 2020 Edison Awards
- Geographers Respond to COVID-19 at Virtual Annual Conference