INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Lituya Bay’s Apocalyptic Wave
The event at Lituya Bay still stands as one of the tallest tsunami waves known to science.
- SEOSAT-Ingenio Prepares for Takeoff
The satellite will benefit society through numerous disciplines such as cartography, agriculture, forestry, urban development and water management.
- NASA Funds Projects to Make Geosciences Data More Accessible
NASA has funded 11 new projects as part of the agency’s Earth Science Data Systems’ Advancing Collaborative Connections for Earth Systems Science (ACCESS) program. Proposals submitted in 2019 and funded in 2020 focused on three areas: machine learning, science in the cloud and open source tools.
- NASA Population Modeling Makes Humanitarian Efforts More Precise
Models based in part on a method NASA has used to track and count wild salmon in Nevada can now be used by governments and humanitarian organizations to more accurately estimate populations and allocate aid to remote regions of the world.
- Mission Critical Partners Enhances Support to Atlanta Police Department
- ERIS and GeoSearch Unite, Raising the Standard of Environmental Property Due Diligence in North America
- ProStar Announces the Successful Completion of Integration With Trimble Receivers
- Leica BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions