INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Snow Mass Estimates Now More Reliable
Warming surface temperatures are known to have driven substantial reductions in the extent and duration of northern hemisphere snow cover.
- NASA Probes Environment, COVID-19 Impacts, Possible Links
Scientists are using information from NASA’s Earth-observing satellites, on-the-ground sensors and computer-based datasets to study the environmental, economic and societal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Study Suggests Rainfall Triggered 2018 Kīlauea Eruption
Volcanoes erupt when molten rock called magma rises to the surface, and many factors, from the shape of the volcano to the composition of the magma, factor into the timing of eruptions. In the case of Kīlauea, a new, NASA-funded study published April 22, 2020, in the journal Nature points to another eruption factor: prolonged, sometimes heavy rainfall in the months leading up to the event.
- NASA Satellite Data Show 30 Percent Drop In Air Pollution Over Northeast U.S.
Over the last several weeks, NASA satellite measurements have revealed significant reductions in air pollution over the major metropolitan areas of the Northeast United States.
- Immersive Wisdom awarded $950MM ceiling IDIQ contract to deliver its Real-Time JADC2 3D Geospatial Collaboration Software for the US Air Force Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS)
- Brandt To Acquire GeoShack, Become Canada’s #1 Geopositioning Technology Supplier
- Dedrone and BlackBerry Partner to Counter Unauthorized Drone Activity
- Virtual Round Table for INTERGEO 2020 – “Our time has come!”