INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- New Space Satellite Pinpoints Industrial Methane Emissions
GHGSat is a New Space initiative that draws on Copernicus Sentinel-5P data for mapping methane hotspots, and its Claire satellite has now collected more than 60,000 methane measurements of industrial facilities around the world.
- NASA’s ASTER Sees Arizona’s Bighorn Fire Burn Scar From Space
NASA’s Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER) instrument aboard the Terra satellite imaged some of the burned area on June 29, 2020.
- Rapid Mapping Technology to Help Caribbean Through Looming Hurricane Season
Powerful satellite technology can help Caribbean countries better manage natural disasters and boost climate resilience, as the region braces for a busy hurricane season in 2020.
- Volcanic Emissions Can Change Clouds
For two weeks in mid-May, NASA satellites observed volcano tracks nearly every day.
- Planet Exceeds Business Targets, Advancing Through 2020 with Momentum
- Velodyne Lidar Powering Intelligent Traffic Management in Nevada
- TipTags launches FIRST-EVER map-based mobile Catastrophe Management System for Gathering and Sharing of Critical Real-time information
- Avineon Joins GeoNexus Partner Network as Systems Integration Partner