INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- SkySat Satellites Receive First Images
SkySats 14 and 15 were launched on Dec. 3, 2018, from Vandenberg Air Force Base on Spaceflight’s first Sun Synchronous dedicated rideshare mission aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9.
- Small Satellites Market to Hit $37 Billion
NSR’s Small Satellite Markets, 5thEdition forecasts the market to yield $37 billion in cumulative revenues from smallsat manufacturing and launch services by 2027, with 6,500 smallsats set to launch during this time.
- The Horn of Africa, Somalia
An astronaut aboard the International Space Station (ISS) shot this photograph of the Horn of Africa, the easternmost portion of the continent.
- Integral X-Rays Earth’s Aurora
Integral was initially preparing for astronomical research when it spied this aurora; the probe was planning to observe the skies at X-ray wavelengths to measure something known as the cosmic X-ray background, a diffuse level of radiation that pervades the cosmos and is linked to high-energy events such as black holes devouring nearby material in far-away galaxies.
- Quantum Spatial Streamlines Access to Oregon’s High Resolution Imagery on New Online Portal
- Esri Releases Ready-to-Use US Census Bureau Data in ArcGIS Living Atlas
- XYO Network Headed to Space – Definitive Agreement Executed to Bring XYO Into Orbit With Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9
- Accela Announces Experienced Technology Leader Gary Kovacs as CEO