INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- ESA Flying Payloads on Wooden Satellite
WISA Woodsat is a 10x10x10 centimeter “CubeSat,” a type of nanosatellite built up from standardised boxes, but with surface panels made from plywood.
- Arizona’s Meteor Crater
Meteor Crater (also called Barringer Meteor Crater) is located between Flagstaff and Winslow on the Colorado Plateau. The Operational Land Imager (OLI) on Landsat 8 acquired this image of the area on May 16, 2021.
- Tracking Carbon from the Ocean Surface to the Twilight Zone
A seaward journey, supported by both NASA and the National Science Foundation, set sail in the northern Atlantic in early May 2021—the sequel to a complementary expedition, co-funded by NSF, that took place in the northern Pacific in 2018.
- Norwegian Space Agency Launches Maritime Tracking Microsatellite
The Norwegian Space Agency successfully launched the NorSat-3 maritime tracking microsatellite built by Space Flight Laboratory (SFL) on April 28, 2021, aboard Vega Flight VV 18 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana.
- iXblue demonstrates future hydrographic capabilities with DriX Unmanned Surface Vessel during IHO 100th anniversary
- The Sanborn Map Company, Inc. Wins Indiana Contract to Collect Statewide Digital Orthoimagery
- WISeKey Joins Forces with Seven Leading Drone Technology Companies to Establish DRONES4SEC European Federation
- DroneUp Selected to the FAA’s BVLOS Aviation Rule Making Committee to Advance Drone Operations