INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Geographic Information System Market Worth $14.5 Billion by 2025
A few key factors driving the growth of this market include the development of smart cities and urbanization, integration of geospatial technology with mainstream technologies for business intelligence, and the adoption of GIS solutions in the transportation sector.
- NASA’s ECOSTRESS Mission Sees Plants ‘Waking Up’ From Space
NASA’s ECOsystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer on Space Station (ECOSTRESS) can see when plants “wake up” from space.
- Polar Bears Struggle as Sea Ice Declines
Sea ice concentrations have declined by 13 percent each decade since 1979 due to increasing global temperatures. Arctic regions have warmed twice as fast as the rest of the world, so seasonal sea ice is also forming later in the fall and breaking up earlier in the spring.
- Global Spending on Robots and Drones to Reach $128.7B in 2020
Research and analysis firm IDC updated its forecast for global spending on robotics systems and drones, forecasting $128.7 billion for 2020, with spending expected to reach $241.4 billion by 2023.
- Lockheed Martin’s Most Advanced Mobile Communications Satellite Launches
- National Building Museum reopens March 13, 2020 after Great Hall renovations
- International Lidar Mapping Forum Announces New Keynotes: Jack Dangermond and Geospatial Executives Panel
- LAND INFO Announces 5G Wireless Mapping Team in Europe