INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- NASA’s ASTER Sees Arizona’s Bighorn Fire Burn Scar From Space
NASA’s Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER) instrument aboard the Terra satellite imaged some of the burned area on June 29, 2020.
- Rapid Mapping Technology to Help Caribbean Through Looming Hurricane Season
Powerful satellite technology can help Caribbean countries better manage natural disasters and boost climate resilience, as the region braces for a busy hurricane season in 2020.
- Volcanic Emissions Can Change Clouds
For two weeks in mid-May, NASA satellites observed volcano tracks nearly every day.
- Ice Melt Linked to Accelerated Regional Freshwater Depletion
Seven of the regions that dominate global ice-mass losses are melting at an accelerated rate, a new study shows, and the quickened melt rate is depleting freshwater resources that millions of people depend on.
- StoreDot Demonstrates World’s First 5-Minute Charge of a Commercial Drone, Making Continuous & Fully-Autonomous Drone Delivery a Reality
- Skyports Partners with Robotic Skies to Develop a UAS Maintenance Programme for Drone Delivery and Beyond
- Steve Anderson Named to Esri’s Partner Advisory Council
- Télécoms Sans Frontières celebrates 20 years of partnership with Inmarsat