INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- The Emerging Space Market: $17.8 Billion in Investment to Date and Climbing
NSR’s “Emerging Space Markets Analysis, 2nd Edition (ESMA2)” report tracked more than $17.8 billion invested in Emerging Space companies from 2000-2018 for the more than 600 companies founded over that period.
- From Earth with Love
“Valentine’s Day has struck again,” tweeted European Space Agency (ESA) astronaut Thomas Pesquet when he posted this image of a heart-shaped lake in Mongolia.
- Government of Canada Awards Microsatellite Contract for Arctic Surveillance
The Canadian Department of National Defence awarded a C$15 million contract to Space Flight Laboratory (SFL) at the University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies (UTIAS) for development of multipurpose microsatellites to support Arctic surveillance.
- Warming Seas May Increase Frequency of Extreme Storms
A new NASA study shows that warming of the tropical oceans due to climate change could lead to a substantial increase in the frequency of extreme rain storms by the end of the century.
- Cyient – BlueBird Joint Venture Launches its New Unmanned Aerial System, the Versatile WanderB VTOL at Aero India 2019
- Esri Publishes Switching to ArcGIS Pro from ArcMap
- GEO Jobe Continues Growth, Welcomes Timothy Michael as Sr. Solution Engineer
- New Digital Maps Available for 54 Countries in the Americas