INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Three HawkEye 360 Formation-Flying Microsatellites Successfully Launched
Carried aboard the June 30, 2021, SpaceX Transporter 2 mission, the Cluster 3 formation-flying microsatellites join in orbit the HawkEye 360 Cluster 2 and Cluster 1 Pathfinder satellites.
- NASA Maps Air Quality in Ozone Hotspot
Scientists are flying an airborne campaign out of NASA’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., to contribute to a joint U.S.-Canadian study on air quality in a region with high surface ozone levels.
- ESA Flying Payloads on Wooden Satellite
WISA Woodsat is a 10x10x10 centimeter “CubeSat,” a type of nanosatellite built up from standardised boxes, but with surface panels made from plywood.
- Arizona’s Meteor Crater
Meteor Crater (also called Barringer Meteor Crater) is located between Flagstaff and Winslow on the Colorado Plateau. The Operational Land Imager (OLI) on Landsat 8 acquired this image of the area on May 16, 2021.
- Hommel Vermessungssysteme Now Offers Drone Surveying Equipment from Microdrones
- The call for speakers for GEO Business 2021 is open now
- SPH Engineering announces the update of UgCS for UAV-based LIDAR mapping
- Sentera Introduces Real-Time Mapping to Enhance the Delivery of Timely and Actionable Decision Support