INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- NASA Population Modeling Makes Humanitarian Efforts More Precise
Models based in part on a method NASA has used to track and count wild salmon in Nevada can now be used by governments and humanitarian organizations to more accurately estimate populations and allocate aid to remote regions of the world.
- Machine-Learning Nanosats to Inform Global Trade
On Sept. 28, 2020, Glaswegian-built nanosatellites joined a fleet of about 100 objects in low-Earth orbit that help to predict the movement of the world’s resources so businesses and governments can make informed decisions.
- Western U.S. Smoke From Fires Stretching Across the Country
NOAA/NASA’s Suomi NPP satellite captured recent images of the United States showing that the winds have changed yet again, blowing the smoke from western fires back to the East and crossing the continental United States.
- Terra MISR Used To Visualize Cloud-Top Heights From Tropical Storm Laura in 3D
The NASA Earth Applied Sciences Disasters Program Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team worked closely with representatives from the Esri 3D team to produce the first-ever interactive 3D visualization of MISR cloud-top height data and publish it to the NASA Disasters Mapping Portal.
- Esri Ireland partners with Bluesky to enhance its digital mapping offering in Ireland
- GSSI Updates to StructureScan™ Mini XT GPR Kit and Palm XT Antenna
- MGISS Helps Northumbrian Water Mitigate Risk from Trees
- Kratos Introduces OpenSpace™ Virtual Network Functions for Earth Observation Satellite Missions