INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Wildfires Threaten Northern Alberta
Some residents of High Level, Alberta, Canada, were told on May 20, 2019, to evacuate in the face of a large and out-of-control wildfire that has started advancing toward the town.
- ESA Developing Satellite-Based Air Quality Service
The service will provide organizations with accurate snapshots of existing air quality conditions along with modeling outputs to forecast how modifications in pollutant sources can change concentrations in the air over time.
- Pecora Award Honors Excellence in Earth Observation
Two awardees have been recognized with the 2018 William T. Pecora Award for achievements in Earth remote sensing.
- ESA Names PLATO Exoplanet Hunting Mission Sensors in Memory of Jean-Francois Bruyères
The European Space Agency (ESA) officially designated the CCD sensors that comprise the focal plane arrays of the 26 telescopes being supplied for ESA’s PLATO exoplanet hunting mission as “CCD Bruyères.”
- Industry players announce London Geospatial Week for 2020
- Seabed 2030 and World Ocean Council agree new partnership for sustainable stewardship of the oceans
- iGeolise Raise £3.2m Investment for Their Location Search and Mapping API
- thinkWhere Online Mapping Tool Helps Falkirk Residents Access Essential Services