INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- GRACE-FO Shows Weight of Midwestern Floods
New data from NASA’s Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow-On (GRACE-FO) mission, which launched in May 2018, showed there was an increase in water storage in the river basin, extending east around the Great Lakes.
- Plant Stress in Costa Rican Drought
NASA’s ECOsystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer Experiment on Space Station (ECOSTRESS) imaged the stress on Costa Rican vegetation caused by a massive regional drought that led the Central American nation's government to declare a state of emergency on July 23, 2019.
- Ghana Chooses Mapping Platform for Cocoa Farming Deforestation Initiative
Forestry Commission of Ghana (FCG) is stepping up its commitment to help end deforestation due to cocoa farming by adopting the Ecometrica mapping platform in its production and delivery of maps and forest monitoring information, which are at the heart of the Cocoa & Forests Initiative Frameworks for Action (CFI), agreed by Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire at the COP23 UN Climate Change Conference.
- The Ups and Downs of Crater Lake
The elevation data show the distinct topography of Mount Mazama and the crater lake that fills its caldera.
- Airbus Aerial Receives Waiver for Urban BVLOS UAS Flight Operations Over Populated Areas in North Dakota
- Capella Space Partners with SpaceNet® to Expand Access to SAR Data
- Bluesky LiDAR Survey Helps Dublin Airport Plan Drainage Infrastructure and Reduce Risk of Flooding
- Pointfuse Laser Scanning Software Transforms Digital Construction Workflows