INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Remote Sensing Performs Damage Assessment following Hurricane Michael
SimActive Inc. partnered with Midwest Aerial to perform damage assessment of Hurricane Michael.
- Two Earth-Observation Satellites Delivered to Vandenberg Launch Base
SSL, a Maxar Technologies company, shipped two Earth-observation satellites to Vandenberg Air Force Base where they will be launched on Spaceflight’s first sun-synchronous dedicated rideshare mission on Nov. 19, 2018, aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 launch vehicle.
- NASA Eyes Powerful Hurricane Willa Affecting Western Mexico
NASA’s Aqua and Suomi satellites provided views of Hurricane Willa as it continued moving toward landfall in western Mexico.
- African Smoke-Cloud Connection Target of NASA Airborne Flights
Over the southeast Atlantic Ocean, a 2,000-mile-long plume of smoke from African agricultural fires meets a near-permanent cloud bank offshore.
- GEO Business 2019 launch Call for Abstracts
- Announcing PointStudio – New name and platform for Maptek spatial data application
- Maxar’s Radiant Solutions Selected by DARPA to Develop Next-Generation Optical System for Agile Earth Observation Satellites
- HES Energy Systems Launches 3-hour Endurance Hydrogen Multi-Rotor, Designed & Built in the USA