INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- NASA Prepares to Launch Twin Satellites to Study Signal Disruption From Space
The E-TBEx CubeSats focus on how radio signals that pass through Earth's upper atmosphere can be distorted by structured bubbles in this region, called the ionosphere.
- An EPIC View of Smoke Over Canada
Smoke from several large wildfires in Canada was so thick and widespread that it was easily visible from 1.5 million kilometers (1 million miles) away from Earth.
- LiDAR Used to Map Vegetation in Scottish Forests, Monitor Tropical Deforestation
Soaring over Scotland’s majestic landscape and beautiful forests, drones are helping to map the species growing under the upper canopy of the trees thanks to advanced laser technology.
- Wildfires Threaten Northern Alberta
Some residents of High Level, Alberta, Canada, were told on May 20, 2019, to evacuate in the face of a large and out-of-control wildfire that has started advancing toward the town.
- Hexagon’s Geospatial Division Adds M.App Enterprise and M.App X to Education Program
- New Handheld Imaging Laser Scanner Offers Unprecedented Efficiency to Surveyors
- New Domain-Centric Reality Capture Software Brings the Best of Point Cloud Processing into One Streamlined Application
- Terra Drone Europe wins contract to provide UAV mapping services to Ordnance Survey