INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Norwegian Space Agency Launches Maritime Tracking Microsatellite
The Norwegian Space Agency successfully launched the NorSat-3 maritime tracking microsatellite built by Space Flight Laboratory (SFL) on April 28, 2021, aboard Vega Flight VV 18 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana.
- Sea Ice Highs and Lows
The amount of sea ice around Earth’s poles waxes and wanes with the seasons, melting through spring and summer and growing through fall and winter.
- Archaeologist Brings 18th Century Fort to Life with LiDAR and 3D Modeling
A Canadian archaeologist is using advanced mapping and visualization technologies to bring one of the earliest European settlements in North America back to life.
- Volcanic Eruption Lights Up Iceland
Although small in comparison to other recent eruptions in Iceland, the event was bright and large enough for NASA and NOAA satellites to observe.
- Breakthrough Technology Introduced to Combat Growing Global Water Crisis
- Blue Marble Geographics releases version 8.1 of the GeoCalc Software Development Kit
- Fugro finishes first phase on Alcatel Submarine Networks’ transpacific Bifrost Cable System
- Paytronix Announces Integration with Google to enable ordering on Google Search and Maps