Des Plaines, IL - URISA is pleased to announce the Exemplary Systems in Government (ESIG) Awards process for 2017. Since 1980, URISA's ESIG Awards have recognized extraordinary achievements in the use of geospatial information technology that have improved the delivery and quality of government services. The award competition is open to all public agencies at the national/federal, state/provincial, regional and local levels. Winners will be recognized during the Awards Ceremony at GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida (October 23-26, 2017).
Submissions are invited in two categories:
· Enterprise Systems: Systems in this category are outstanding and working examples of using information systems technology in a multi-department environment as part of an integrated process. These systems exemplify effective use of technology yielding widespread improvements in the process(es) and/or service(s) involved and/or cost savings to the organization.
· Single Process Systems: Systems in this category are outstanding and working examples of applying information system technology to automate a specific SINGLE process or operation involving one department or sub-unit of an agency. The system application results in extended and/or improved government services that are more efficient and/or save money
Submissions are due June 1, 2017. An application requiring details about the Jurisdiction/Organization, System Design, Implementation, Organizational Impact and System Resources is available online: http://www.urisa.org/awards/exemplary-systems-in-government/
The list of 2016 ESIG Award Recipients follows:
ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS CATEGORY
· Exemplary System: Think Outside the Map - City of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
· Distinguished System: North Carolina Parcels, Integrated Cadastral Data Exchange - NC Department of the Secretary of State and NC Center for Geographic Information and Analysis, Raleigh, North Carolina
SINGLE PROCESS SYSTEM CATEGORY
· Exemplary System: City of Hamilton’s Spatially Indexed Engineering Records System (SPIDER) - City of Hamilton Public Works, Hamilton, Ontario Canada
· Distinguished System: Pitkin Maps & More - Pitkin County, Aspen, Colorado
To view last year’s winning submissions and accompanying celebration videos, visit: http://www.urisa.org/awards/exemplary-systems-in-government/