INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Restless Kilauea
Fiery lava continues to pour from the Kilauea volcano on Hawaii’s Big Island. These Copernicus Sentinel-2 images from May 23, June 7, and June 12, 2018, show the relentless flow of lava and clouds of ash.
- Recently Launched Twin Satellites Create ‘The Himalaya Plot’
Less than three weeks after launch, the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow-On (GRACE-FO) mission has successfully completed its first mission phase and demonstrated the performance of the precise microwave ranging system that enables its unique measurements of how mass migrates around our planet.
- Nutrient Delivery from African Deserts to Cabo Verde
Celebrating World Oceans Day on June 8, 2018, the Copernicus Sentinel-3A satellite takes us over the Atlantic Ocean and the Republic of Cabo Verde.
- Guatemala’s Fuego Plume
On June 3, 2018, the Copernicus Sentinel-5P satellite measured sulphur dioxide in the plume spewing from the Fuego volcano in Guatemala.
- Maxar’s SSL Ships First of Three Advanced Communications Satellites Scheduled to Launch on the SpaceX Falcon 9 this Summer
- GEO Jobe Welcomes Christine Munisteri to the Position of Jr Solution Engineer
- How San Diego State University Researchers Track Changes in San Andreas Fault with Geodetics Mobile Mapping and Velodyne LiDAR Technology
- Insitu Receives Interior Contract Award for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Services