INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Geospatial Companies Join Forces to Fight Wildfires
Insitu, FireWhat and Esri partnered to help aerial reconnaissance for fighting wildfires. Insitu’s INEXA Solutions professional aerial remote-sensing services group will work with FireWhat’s fire professionals, using its GIS customized for firefighters and hosted on Esri’s ArcGIS platform.
- Arianespace Rocket Delivers Two New Satellites
On Aug. 2, 2017, Arianespace launched a Vega rocket carrying two Earth-observation satellites for Italy, France and Israel. It took 97 minutes to deliver the Optsat-3000 and Venμs satellites into their planned orbits.
- Proba-V Monitors African Sahel
The European Space Agency (ESA) Proba-V minisatellite recorded the seasonal changes in Africa’s sub-Saharan Sahel, which stretches more than 5,000 kilometers across Africa, from the Atlantic Ocean (Senegal, Mauritania) to the Red Sea (Sudan).
- Extratropical Cyclone off Portugal
On July 16, 2017, the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Terra satellite captured this image of cyclonic rotation off the coast of Portugal.
- NSR Report Projects Satellite Ground Segment Reaching $158 Billion in Next Decade
- DigitalGlobe Announces Four-Year Direct Access Contract with the Australian Department of Defence
- MAPPS Recognizes Geospatial Pros with Presidential Awards
- Delphi Partners with Innoviz Technologies to Provide High-Performance LiDAR Solutions for Autonomous Vehicles