INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Wildfires Light Up Portugal
On June 17, 2017, lightning reportedly ignited a deadly wildfire that spread across the mountainous areas of Pedrógão Grande—a municipality in central Portugal located about 160 kilometers northeast of Lisbon.
- Pre-Landslide Movements Found on Radar
On May 20, 2017, more than a million tons of dirt and rock buried part of California’s Highway 1 along the Pacific coastline in the state’s Big Sur region. In addition to cutting off the route, the landslide added some 12 acres of land to the shoreline.
- Drone Technology Optimizes Vineyard Performance
Noveltis, a French company, has been using SimActive’s Correlator3D software to help with precision viticulture. Based on multispectral drone imagery, mapping products are generated to determine vine health and detect missing plants.
- Satellites Provide Insight to Burundi Coffee Growers
Earth-i teamed with WeatherSafe to support coffee farmers of Burundi through Earth-i’s ACCORD program, which combines high-resolution satellite imagery with crop analysis to provide stakeholders with critical insights on key coffee farming decisions to improve crop quality, thereby supporting sustainable growth for coffee farmers large and small.
- New 2017 Country Packages for the USA, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and UK & Ireland
- New Interactive Maps for Entire United States
- Pix4D and Parrot Back 6 Top Researchers to Help them Answer key #ClimateChange Questions Using Drone Mapping
- FARO Releases Revolutionary FARO Zone 3D for Public Safety Professionals