INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- ESA Commits 10 Billion Euros to Space Activities
In early December 2016, the European Space Agency (ESA) held a two-day council meeting in Lucerne, Switzerland, where ministers from ESA’s 22 member states plus Slovenia and Canada allocated €10.3 billion for space activities and programs based on the vision of a “United Space in Europe in the era of Space 4.0.”
- Satellites Confirm: San Francisco’s Millennium Tower Sinking
European Space Agency (ESA) Sentinel-1 satellites have shown that San Francisco’s 58-storey Millennium Tower is sinking by a few centimeters a year.
- WorldView-4 Successfully Launched
On Nov. 11, 2016, DigitalGlobe’s WorldView-4 commercial imaging satellite was launched aboard an Atlas V rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. About 45 minutes after launch, satellite signals indicated it was in proper position and working order.
- Aerial Imaging Market Forecast to Reach $2.64 Billion by 2022
According to a new research report by Global Market Insights, the aerial imaging market is estimated to grow to $2.64 billion by 2022.
- SolidCAD Partners with Leading Aerial Analytics company, 3DR
- TomTom and Pitney Bowes Expand Partnership to Serve Growing Market for Location-Based Intelligence and Data Solutions
- Dewberry Selected to Conduct Lidar Surveys of Everglades National Park
- GIS Leadership: URISA Program to be Offered Twice in 2017