INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Satellites Deliver Insight into African Lakes
Getech developed a new satellite-based gravity data product that enhances explorationists’ understanding of the East African Rift. Potential fields data have proved particularly successfully within this environment, and numerous oil companies have cited how such information had direct positive impacts on exploration campaigns.
- No Obstacles for Airports Using Satellites
Thanks to the European Space Agency (ESA), airports now can use satellites to identify and manage obstacles that could pose a risk to flight safety.
- MDA to Acquire DigitalGlobe
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates (MDA) announced on Feb. 24, 2017, that it will acquire commercial remote-sensing company DigitalGlobe for $2.4 billion, the biggest deal to date in the ongoing consolidation in the Earth-imaging market.
- Drones, 3D Modeling and Printing Technologies Combine to Map France’s Abbey of Chateliers and Church of Ars-en-Ré
Exploring ways to expand and better their services, participants in a multi-technology project showcased what can be achieved by combining aerial photography, photogrammetry-based 3D modeling and 3D printing.
- GPSengine Partners up with Jointech
- OGC Requests Public Comment on Proposed Indexed 3D Scene Layers (I3S) Com
- TCarta Marine, DHI and DigitalGlobe to Unveil Off-the-Shelf Bathymetric Data Portal at Ocean Business 17
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) National Geospatial-Intelligence College (NGC) Selects Booz Allen Hamilton to Lead the $86M Learning Management and Advancement Program Contract