INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- Shrub Could Save Kazakhstan Land
Looking down from space in winter, the patch of Earth around Isatay looks greenish brown: a misleading color. This remote part of Kazakhstan—a country with just 8 percent arable land—is far from verdant.
- NASA Makes EPIC Update to Daily Earth Pics
NASA upgraded its Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) imagery website that provides daily views of Earth from 1 million miles away, now allowing the public to choose natural or enhanced color images of Earth as well as zoom into an area on the globe.
- Space Station Astronaut Photographs Full Length of Lake Powell
A panorama photograph taken by an astronaut aboard the International Space Station shows nearly the full length of Lake Powell, the reservoir on the Colorado River in southern Utah and northern Arizona.
- Collaborative UAS Project Maps Great Sand Dunes National Park
An innovative mapping project using unmanned aircraft systems within the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in south-central Colorado was completed by a collaboration among UAS Colorado, Black Swift Technologies, the National Park Service and Wohnrade Civil Engineers Inc.
- Occipital and Inuitive Present New Integrated Solution for AR/VR/MR Headsets and Robotics
- Announcing Spring Workshops and Training for ArcGIS Developers in Nashville, TN and Biloxi, MS
- Antarctic Research Station Survey Cited in National Engineering Competition
- AirMap Secures $26 Million to Accelerate Global Adoption of Airspace Management Platform for Drones