INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- NASA Calculated Heavy Rainfall Leading to California Mudslides
NASA recorded the amount of rainfall between Jan. 8-10, 2018, and calculated the potential for landslides. At least 17 residents of southern California were killed by the deadly mudslides.
- $24 Billion Opportunity for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
A new report from global market research and consulting firm NSR, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Satcom and Imaging Markets, 4th Edition, projects a cumulative revenue opportunity of $19.7 billion for UAS satellite communications and $4.3 billion for commercial UAS imaging services during the 2016-2026 period owed to an accelerating government and military UAS market, with increased adoption rates for unmanned systems around the world.
- Drone Industry Outlook and Predictions for 2018
According to BI Intelligence, sales of drones will surpass $12 billion in 2021, and most of this will occur across the three main segments of the drone industry.
- Drones Help Preserve 15th-Century German Cathedral
The 15th-century Halberstadt Cathedral in Saxony - Anhalt, Germany, is getting help from 21st-century technology.
- The 2018 Commercial UAV Expo, Incorporating Drone World Expo, to be Held in October in Las Vegas
- Martin Instrument and Western Data Systems (WDS) Announce Merger to Create AllTerra Central
- Drone Delivery Canada to Expand Testing Program to The United States of America
- Alteryx Announces Premier Partners: Deliverers of Excellence in Data Science and Analytics