INTRIGUING IMAGE OF THE WEEK
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & TRENDS
- USGS Releases Landsat Analysis Ready Data
Improvements to the quality and usability of Landsat satellite data have been made with the release of a new USGS product called Landsat Analysis Ready Data (ARD), which will help reduce the time needed to process and analyze data and imagery, a significant advantage to scientists studying landscape changes, including changes from wildfires, hurricanes, vegetation cover, drought and other events.
- Get Ready for GIS Day!
What better way to celebrate GIS Day than to host or attend an open house or a workshop that demonstrates the power of mapping.
- Drone Mapping Creates Digital Record of Endangered Archaeological Sites
Drone mapping provides a fast, accurate and noninvasive way to document archeological sites, creating a historical record of a country’s cultural heritage and giving archaeologists a rich set of data and models to be used for further research.
- Impact of Northern California Fires Seen in New NASA Satellite Image
As firefighters continue to work toward full containment of the rash of wildfires burning in Northern California, a new image from the Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER) instrument on NASA's Terra satellite shows the growing fire scar on the landscape.
- Map of the month: GfK Purchasing Power Europe 2017
- .Earth Domain Celebrates Second Anniversary By Making a Positive Impact Both Online and Offline
- SSL Selected to Conduct Power and Propulsion Study for NASA’s Deep Space Gateway Concept
- Esri Collaborates with Mobileye to Bring Real-Time Sensor Data to Public Transit